Chapter 65: Howling (Part 1)

Kaden's P.O.V

I heard the howl of beta Daniel. I wonder if any of my family survived? I don't recall dean and Matt coming with to the battle as they stayed behind to help with the pack. I think they did come but left before the battle actually begun. I wonder how Hyde, Josh, Nicole, and Brody are taking Ravens death?

How am I handling the death of my mate? Poorly. I don't feel the bond we share anymore. I know I'll never be able to feel the amazing sparks that went off between us whenever we touched again. I know she's gone, but my wolf refuses to accept that fact.

'She's gone! She's gone and she's not coming back!!'

I yell at my wolf as he howls out in pain. I'm sitting on my bed in the pack house here in the prison pack. My wolf is in pain because raven is head and he can't accept that.

'No she's not dead! She can't be!'

He growls back and I cry even harder. I only cry when I'm in private and I normally have the comfort of my mate. But she is alive no more. I can't even begin to fathom how everyone else is taking it.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Sage's p.o.v
~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into my room as my hands clenched and unclenched from fists. I don't know what's wrong with me. All I can feel is anger, sadness, confusion, and loneliness. I haven't felt these emotions since before I met Jaylin.

Jaylin.

My wonderful, amazing, beautiful, and.... dead mate. My wolf is crying in pain because I wasn't fast enough to save her. I promised her father I would keep her safe but I failed! I failed her! I've failed jade! And I've failed my pack.

I slammed my door shut as tears rolled down my face. I'm feeling the loss of two loved ones. My mate, and my sister. I'm happy Jasmine lived or else I would have killed myself on the spot. I can't live without the three main women in my life.

My sister, my daughter, and my mate. But now that I've lost two I can't stay long here on this earth. I know Jasmine will need me but I can't bring myself to get over the death of both my mate and sister.

'We need our mate! Go find our mate! Our mate! My mate!'

My wolf screams at me as he cries his eyes out. I fall to my knees crying as well. His yells and screams of pain cause me pain as well. I cry my eyes out and my wolf begins to howl for his mate but he gets no responce.

Pain is all we feel.
Pain is all we are.
Pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Griffen's p.o.v
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk back inside the pack house. I feel my wolf howling for Jada inside my mind but I need to block him out. If I don't I'll end up breaking down and crying.

I pick up the pace as I start a slow jog to my room. Everything is beginning to become blurry as tears fill my eyes. I just keep running till I find my room. A walk in and shut the door behind me.

Just as I took three steps towards my bed my wolf broke through the mental barrier. His cries of pain and loss caused me to cry as well. I fell onto the bed and just cried. I know it's not manly to cry but tell that to me once you lost your mate.

'She's gone! I can't feel her anymore! Where is she!!'

My wolf screamed in sorrow inside my mind. That only made the realization more clear that I've lost my mate to a Rouge battle. My lovely mate is dead and I can't do anything about it.

What's worse is I don't even know where her body is at the moment. Do I want to know? Maybe. Should I know? No.

'We don't even know where her body is and we won't see her until her funeral!'

I cry back to my wolf as I pull a pillow closer to me. That pillow had her scent all over it and it forced more tears out of me. I cried until I had to more tears to cry. But when I looked up her scent forced more tears out of me.

Loss and pain were all I felt. I lost my mate, the one who was made for me. I can't believe that she's dead and gone. I'll never see her again.