Chapter 55: cheers of joy

Tessa's p.o.v

As we walked back across the battlefield I held Blaze's hand. He had to watch his father die in the hands of the enemy. I can't imagine what he's feeling right now. He wipes his tears as he knows he needs to appear strong for everyone else. Blazd and I lead the group that watched Altaïr and Ace die.

We have demitri in our hands and he's being dragged behind two men who shifted into their wolf forms.

I shifted and Blaze did as well. I let out a victory howl. This howl was loud and had a happy feeling to it. It was very loud and soon everyone joined in. By now it was around midnight on the battles 6th day. We fought day in and day out for this win and we finally have it. Everyone howled at the moon in victory.

But what caught my eye was a woman running towards Demitri. I growled and she stopped in her tracks.

"Guinevere what are you doing?! Run!"

Demitri shouted at the woman. This woman had tears streaming down her face as she looked at me.

"Please, he's my mate."

Guinevere begged me and I let her pass towards Demitri. She pressed a soft kiss to his lips through the net as she cried.

"Demitri I warned you this would happen. Why didn't you listen to me?"

She asked him as Blaze walked over next to me. He nuzzled me and I nuzzled him back.

"I thought we would win and I would be able to give you the world. But we didn't win and I've failed you as a mate."

Demitri said and it hit my heart a little. He wanted the best for his mate, like any other male wolf. And just like any other male wolf, he had a mate.

"No demitri. You didn't fail me, I still love you."

She says and Demitri smiles. I shift back and turn to them.

"Guinevere your mate is going to be put in prison and executed. Of you want you may come with us as I am lead to believe you are innocent. You were never seen at any of his attacks. Would you like a ride back with us?"

I offer her as I look at her. She has long black hair and pale skin with beautiful dark brown and grey eyes. She' skinny and is vertically challenged. In other words she's short.

"Yes, thank you."

She tells me and I shift. She climbs onto my back and holds onto my fur. I take off into a run and we run back to base camp.

By the time we get there we see a bunch of people standing around waiting. As soon as they see us they burst out in cheers. They saw Demitri being dragged behind us and their cheers grew louder. They all eyed Guinevere suspiciously as we walked through the camp and towards Grandpa's tent.

We arrived at Grandpa's tent and all the surviving alphas and their kids were inside. Guinevere climbed off me and i shifted. Sage and Kaden stormed over to Demitri and forced him into his feel. Guinevere stood next to me as quiet as can be.

Sage and Kaden threw Demitri into a cage and locked in. They walked down back over to where they were standing before.

"Who's this?"

Grandpa asked as he pointed to Guinevere. He looked her up and down.

"I'm Guinevere, Demitri's mate. But I can assure you I've tried to talk him out of everything and just surrender. But sadly, he never listens."

She rushes out as Annachi and mom stepped forward. A loud scream was heard from outside and a gun shot was heard after. We all rushed outside to see the commotion. We saw a woman with long brown hair and african american skin tone crying over demitri's beta.

"Azure!"

Guinevere yelled as she ran over to the crying woman. She hugged her as azure clung to her. It's obvious they are friends.

"They killed Elliott."

Azure cried and but her cries were stopped imeaditly. Deven pushed his way through the crowd and locked eyes with azure.

"Mate."

Deven said and he and azure ran towards one another. Second chance mates! Deven has a second chance mate!

Cheers of joy erupted from the crowd and I began to get suspicious about something. What if Guinevere was Grandpa's second chance mate?!

"Guinevere my instincts tell me that your innocent. So we have a lot to discuss."

Derek said and Guinevere nodded as we all walked back inside the tent. Demitri lay in his cage defeated and wallowing in pity.

I don't feel bad for him at all. He had this coming.