Chapter 10: Mates?!

Thank you Emiday11 for these covers you made! You have talent and I can see it blooming. I loved the use of the real solider.

Ace's p.o.v

The next morning I'm sitting in my office doing some paper work as I normally do. My son, Blaze, is handling stuff with the arriving alphas while I handle pack stuff.

I received Blaze 13 years ago when his mother left him at my door step. I made a mistake when I was just 16. And 3 years later Blaze showed up at my door step as a three year old with a letter in his hand.

Flashback

It was around 10 at night when I heard a knock at my door. I sighed and walked down the steps to the door. I opened it up to see a little boy, around three years old maybe.

"Alpha Ace?"

He addressed me and I knelt down to his level. His dark brown eyes stared into mine and his hair looked like mine.

"What is it buddy?"

I asked him and he held out a letter. I took the letter from him and let him in as it was raining. He sat on the couch as I read the letter.

Dear Ace,

I can't take care of him anymore. I am running low on money and I barely had enough to send him to you.

This is Amelia, you lover from the 10th grade. That one time we did it got me pregnant with this boy I send to you. He is your son, i made sure with a DNA test.

I ask that you care for him and love him. He hasn't had the best life because I failed to give him it. With me he was loved and cared for. He knows you are the father and he knows he can trust you.

His name is Blaze and I know you recognize the name. I named him after your father. I hope you will care for him as he deserves it. Please don't try to change him as he is kind and gentle.

Love, Amelia.

I looked back to the little boy sitting on the couch. On the back of the letter was the DNA test.

Amelia Fleming: 100%
Ace Quist: 100%

I look back at the little boy now known as my son. I can already see a strong future that will be built for this young boy. He will become a great alpha.

Flashback over

I had kept the boy and raised him with the help of my beta and some willing female pack members. With their help he has grown into quite the amazing leader.

"Ace we have spotted rouges on our land. They are carrying something with them. One of the guards think it's bombs and wepons."

My beta, Austin, said as he poked his head inside the door. I nodded and ran out of the house. The other alphas followed me out.

"Where are you going?"

Blaze asked as each alpha began to shift.

"Rouges."

I tell him and he shifts. I shift and lead the group out into the forest. We ran far into the forest before the wonderful smell of granny smith apples filled my nose.

Just then did a gorgeous she wolf run into the clearing. She had black fur with red tint. Her eyes were dark brown but her ears had white tips. We locked eyes and I shifted.

"Mate."

I growled out and she shifted back. But what surprised me most was that she was dressed in a high rank warrior uniform. Her right arm said Executive officer of the fear pack.

'Our mate is an X.O'

My wolf, Flame, spoke and I rolled my eyes. I rose up from my crouched position and walked up to her.

She stood still as I approached her. Her beautiful brown eyes looked up into my blue ones. Her long black hair was in a curled bun on the back of her head.

I cupped her cheek and she leaned into my touch. We just stood there staring into each other's eyes. The world around us didn't even matter at this moment.

"What's your name mate?"

I ask her and she smiles. Her hand goes up to grab mine and she holds it in her hands.

"Annachi Jamel. You are?"

She asks me and I smile. I grab her hands which are holding mine.

"Ace Quist, Alpha Ace Quist."

I tell her and she gasps. I smirk and a loud scream can be heard. Annachi's eyes snap in that direction and I spot a group of guards and my best warrior bringing out a woman with curly black hair that goes a little past her shoulders. Her skin is fair and her eyes are blue.

The girl and Austin lock eyes and Austin growls.

"Mine."

He growls and Annachi gaps. My best warrior, Vincent, let's go of the girl and backs up. The warriors follow in suit as Austin makes his way over to her.

They both break out in a run and meet one another in the middle with a hug. I pull my mate closer to me as I watch them. They whisper out a few words and both turn to us with a smile.

"I present to you the prison packs beta female Tayla!"

He says with such pride that I cant help but smile.

"And I present to you the prison pack luna Annachi."

I tell everyone with a great amount of pride. Everyone has shifted back and they all cheer. But Blaze sniffs the air and his eyes flash red and brown.

"Mate."

He growls and bolts off towards the house.