Chapter 19: Week Seven

Rayla's POV

-Monday-

I bit my lip nervously as I waited by my locker for Harry. Claire chattered away about her new dress that she had gotten at the mall yesterday, but I was more focused on looking for the head of curly hair that I now knew so well.

"And it's got sparkles and--Ray, are you even listening to me?"

"Yes,"I quickly gave her my full atention and she rolled her eyes.

"A little distracted, are we?"

I turned bright red and a smile slowly spread across her face. "Were you looking for Harry?"

"Shh!!!" I hissed, clamping my hand over her mouth. When she made a sound of protest I retracted my hand. "No one needs to know that him and I are spending time together. With the way shit spreads in high school everyone will start thinking that we're dating!"

Claire just stared at me blankly before her lips slowly parted. "Did you just curse?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Ray, you never curse."

"What's the big deal? I only said shit, it's not as bad as if I had said fuck or something."

Claire gaped at me. "What the heck happened to you? You used to hate it when other people swore and now you're swearing yourself? This is because of Harry, isn't it?"

"No, don't worry about it," I said dismissively, peeking past her head as I finally spotted Harry's brown curls. "I-I have to go, Claire. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

A confused look crossed her face until she turned around to follow my gaze. "Oh...I see," she raised an eyebrow and her lip twitched slightly as she tried not to smile. "I'll see you tomorrow then." She walked off in the opposite direction just as Harry reached me.

"Hey," he smiled and pulled me into a hug. I was sure that everyone in the hall was gaping at us, but I let Harry's strong arms wrap around my small body.

"Hey, Harry," I absentmindedly breathed in his masculine scent, only to feel like a total creep when I realized what I was doing. I pulled away uncomfortably and looked around, confirming my suspicions that everyone was staring at us.

"Let's go," he didn't pay any attention to the stares we were getting and instead led me out the door to his car.

"So where are we going?" I asked once I climbed into the familiar black car.

"My house," he rummaged through his backpack and pulled out a small bag filled with what looked like crumpled leaves. "You ready to blaze?"

I gulped, staring at the drug he held in his hand. I had never smoked anything before, there were strict rules in my family about taking drugs and drinking. One I had already broken and I was about to break the second.

We drove to his house, all the way across town. He lived in the richer side of town, where the houses were bigger and nicer looking. We pulled up in front of a white house with a huge driveway.

"Are your parents home?" I asked, climbing out of the his car and craning my neck to look up at the big house in front of me.

Harry snorted and unlocked the door. "Are you kidding me? My parents are on a business trip for the next few days. I wouldn't be blazing if my parents were home. They'd kill me."

I raised my eyebrows. "Is Harry Styles afraid of getting in trouble?"

He rolled his eyes and smiled playfully. "I'm no angel, but I'd prefer to not get grounded for three months. That's how long my parents grounded me for the last time they caught me with weed. I'm much more careful now."