Chapter 33: Threats of Bleeding Assholes

Rayla's POV

Tears were threatening to start rolling down my face, but I bit my lip and held them in. He isn't worth your tears I told myself. No point in feeling sorry for yourself, you should have seen this coming.

"You sure you're okay?" Zayn asked, a note of worry in his voice. I looked up at him, staring into his hazel eyes. As gorgeous as he was, as much as he made me weak at the knees, I didn't feel like I could trust him as much as I had come to trust Harry these past couple of months.

"I'm fine," I said firmly, crossing my arms over my chest.

"So...what about Harry?"

"What do you mean?" I asked sharply, getting tired of his vagueness.

"What do you think of him? I mean, if I were you-"

"Ray?"

I spun around at the call of my name to see Harry stalking towards us, looking absolutely furious.

"Hey, Harry," I murmured, exchanging a look with Zayn. Harry reached us, immediately stepping in front of me and staring him down.

"Zayn."

"Harry."

"I know you're not in high school anymore, so what are you doing here?" Harry asked him coldly, crossing his arms over his chest. Zayn was a little bit shorter than Harry, but a thousand times more intimidating with his dark look and smug demeanor.

"I can't come for a little visit to see my friends?" Zayn asked innocently, only angering Harry further.

"Don't lie to me," he growled, his voice low and menacing. "You were here to see Ray, weren't you?"

"Why does it matter?" Zayn shot back, his hazel eyes burning into mine intensely. "Angry that someone else is talking to your little play thing?"

Harry's fists clenched so hard his knuckles turned as white as snow. "Get out of my fucking school," Harry snarled, stepping closer to get into Zayn's face.

"Or what, Styles?" Zayn raised an eyebrow, looking unfazed.

"Or you will fucking regret the day you met me," Harry threatened through clenched teeth.

Zayn simply snorted and rolled his eyes. "Already do. The only good thing that came out of knowing each other was getting to know Ray," he nodded towards me and smiled crookedly.

Harry's gaze was as hard as stone as his mouth worked itself into a tight line. "Get out."

"I'm certain you have no jurisdiction to throw me out."

"Zayn."

"Harry."

"Zayn," Harry's voice was quaking with anger as his face turned red. "Don't make me hurt you. Because I can. If you don't get out of here in the next minute I will take that pocket knife you hide in your bag and shove it so far up your ass that you'll be shitting blood for weeks. Do I make myself clear?"

My eyes widened as I looked between the two males who looked like they were itching to fight. They were practically nose to nose, their faces red and their fists clenching.

"Crystal," Zayn muttered as his lip curled in distaste. "Another time, Styles. When Ray's not here watching," Zayn mumbled, his eyes darting to me.

"What's the matter, pretty boy?" Harry asked, smirking. "Scared?"

"Courteous," Zayn corrected, licking his lips. "I would never kick another guy's sorry ass in front of a beautiful woman."

Harry bared his teeth, growling lowly. "Watch it, Malik."

"Looks like you'll have to wait to lose that fight, Styles. Later, babe." Zayn winked at me and shot Harry a smirk before turning around and stalking down the hallway.

Harry started forward as if to run after him, but I lunged and grabbed onto his arm. "Don't," I warned him.

"But-"

"Harry," I said sharply, silencing him. "Leave it."

"I'm sorry about that," Harry said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. His tense muscles were now relaxing, his hands gaining a bit of colour. "I probably got a little carried away with that last threat."

"No kidding." I tried for a laugh, but it came out as more of a hoarse and shaky breath.

Harry watched me carefully. "I didn't scare you, did I?"

"No," I murmured. "You didn't scare me at all. I think you scared Zayn a bit though."

"Serves him right," Harry grumbled.

"Why do you guys even act like that every time you see each other?"

"Well...Zayn is kind of womaniser. I don't like the idea of him trying to charm you."

Because you want me around for your own amusement. I banished the thought as quickly as it had appeared, shaking my head. Stop it, Ray. You can't trust either of them right now, so don't pick sides yet.

"Ray?" Harry waved his hand in front of my face to get my attention.

"Hmm?"

"You okay?" Harry looked at me worriedly. "You look a little pale."

"I'm just tired," I waved my hand dismissively. Harry looked skeptical, but he let the matter drop.

"Are you free this Friday night?" He asked, changing the subject.

"Um, I think so. Why? Time for task ten?"

Harry's wicked smile made me regret that I had even asked. "I hope you have a sexy lingerie set ready. We're going to be seducing some cops."

--------------------------------------

I can't wait for the next chapter lol

QUESTION OF THE DAY #3: Completely disregarding their current girlfriends, if you could date any celebrity, who would it be? I would date Jesse Rutherford from the Neighbourhood <3 <3 <3 bc you know, obsession and all.

Vote, comment and follow! <3

-Bliss xx