Chapter 53: So Much For Forever

Harry's POV

I felt all the blood slowly drain from my face as I released a laboured breath. 

America was the word that kept ringing in my head.

I closed my eyes and squeezed them tight, hoping that when I opened them I would wake up from a terrible nightmare.

But once I opened them I saw Ray still standing there with a guilty expression. She grasped her phone so tightly in her hand that her knuckles were turning white.

"How long have you known for?"

"A few months," she admitted, biting her lip.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I asked quietly, looking down at the floor as I refused to meet her gaze. I heard her shuffling a bit before her wavering voice spoke.

"I didn't want to hurt your feelings."

"Oh, and this isn't hurting my feelings right now?!" I shouted, throwing my hands up in the air. She jumped a bit, startled at my sudden outburst.

"For fuck sake, Ray!" I ran my fingers through my hair, tugging harshly. I didn't even register the dull pain in my scalp as I started pacing around the room. "What school?" I snapped.

She was silent for a minute. "Yale."

"Oh, really?" I laughed without humour, shaking my heard. "Go fucking figure."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ray's voice now held a note of anger as she scowled at me.

"Isn't that where your precious mother wanted you to go? Isn't that what you were throwing away your teenage years for? A fucking stuck up Ivy League School?" I spat out the words venomously, watching as Ray's expression turned from angry to furious.

"was the one who wanted to get into Yale! It was my choice to actually work hard, something you clearly can't understand."

 "Your choice, your choice, your choice, it was never your fucking choice to do anything!" I screamed, clenching my fists at my side. "You live the life your mother wants to live! Have you even told her that you're still seeing me?"

Her silence was enough of an answer for me. "Look at that," I mused, smiling bitterly. "Can't even tell mother about a boy."

"You don't know her, Harry," Ray whispered. She was heaving slightly as tears gathered at the corners of her eyes. A part of me felt bad for making her cry, but I was far too angry to stop now. "She really does care sometimes."

"I really thought we were over this, Ray," I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "The whole 'mummy really cares about me' and 'she's always right, I should listen to her' is getting really fucking old."

"Well look where listening to you got me!" She screeched, jabbing her finger into my chest. "I almost got arrested twice! I got ended up drunk out of my mind, I was high as a fucking kite and I was in fucking Las Vegas!"

Her whole body was trembling and her voice was hoarse from screaming so loudly, but I stood my ground and pursed my lips.

"Well where would you be without me?" I screamed eaqually as loud. "Studying in your room all day, scared of your mom, hanging off of every fucking word that comes out of her mouth and having no idea how to have fun and lose the fucking ten foot pole stuck up your ass!"

I grabbed her wrist and waved my hand over it quickly. "Oh, don't mind me while I check for any strings attached to you because your mom dances you around like a fucking puppet!"

My words came out harsher than I had intended, but I couldn't stop them from leaving my mouth. I was sure the neighbours could hear every single word that was being screamed, but I was beyond thinking about others right now.

Tears were now streaming down Ray's face. A strangled sob was all I heard as I walked away from her slowly, rubbing my hands over my face.

"So much for 'stay forever with me', huh?" I said bitterly, staring down at the ground.

Ray began to step forward. "Harry, I-"

"No," I held my hand up, stopping her from coming any closer. "Don't."

"But-"

"Don't," I repeated firmly. I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed quietly, "Get out."

"W-what?"

"Leave, I don't want to see you right now," I whispered so quietly it was barely audible, but I assumed Ray heard me as she retreated towards the door.

She paused briefly, her hand grasping the door frame tightly. "I love you, Harry."

I stayed quiet, mustering every bit of will power I had to stop myself from responding to her. I heard her disappointed sigh before she disappeared from sight.

Several seconds later the front door closed and the house was completely silent. It was almost eerie how quiet it was after our screaming match.

I sat down on the couch and stared at the blank T.V. I realized that I was crying when tears began to fall from my chin and onto my jeans. My breath became uneven as I covered my mouth with my hand to muflfe my sobs.

"I love you too," I finally whispered, looking at the spot where Ray had been standing mere minutes ago.

--------------------------

DX DX DX DX

QUESTION OF THE DAY: What was the first concert you went to? Mine was One Direction (Take Me Home Tour) last July. I haven't been to any concerts since, but I'm going to see You Me At Six in a week AGH EXCITED AS FUCK

AND YO NEW COVER! :D

Vote, comment and follow! 

-Bliss xx