Chapter 62: The Letter

Harry's POV

I waved as I watched the car disappear down the road, and I kept waving even after that. I tried to get my breathing under control but the tears that were once more streaming down my face didn't really help to calm me down.

I glanced down at the paper in my hand, debating or not whether I wanted to read it now. I fiddled with the corner before I took a deep breath and unfolded the paper. On one side there was the checklist I had given Ray months ago at the beginning of our bet.

I chuckled as I skimmed through them. I still couldn't believe that she had done all of those things. I never realized that she was crazy on the inside. Scratch that. She was bat shit crazy.

I flipped the paper over to see a short letter in Ray's neat handwriting. I nervously chewed on my lower lip as I began to read.

Dear Harry,

By the time you read this I'll have already gone. I'm sorry that I had to leave, but I need you to understand how important this is to me. We'll be away from each for a long time, and I don't know what will happen.

I might choose to stay in America permanently, maybe I'll decide to come back once I'm done school. I guess the point of this letter is to tell you that things aren't going to be easy.

I'm sure you'll meet other girls and you'll find one that you can love more than me. I can't stop you and I don't want to stop you from finding love.

Just know I hold the sincerest feelings of love for you and I always will. But please, don't put yourself through any trouble because of me. I don't deserve you, and you deserve to be happy.

Until the next time I see you,

Ray xx