Stolen Moments (Rommy)

Roy stood leaning against the lamppost, waiting to see the right car come along. He wasn't sure what exactly he was looking for on the outside, but he knew exactly who he was looking for on the inside.

 He looked at his watch. The band's show should have been over by now. There was no sign though, no sign of him. 

 But soon a car slowly drove up the road. Roy couldn't see too well in the dark, so he didn't get a good look at who was in the car until it pulled up next to him. The passenger window rolled down, and Tommy leaned over, asking, "You coming or not, Khan?"

 Roy smiled and quickly climbed into the passenger seat. "You know I wouldn't have waited as long as I did if I didn't want to see you, Karevik."

 Tommy gave him a sly smile. "I know. I can be irresistible like that." 

 Roy laughed as Tommy pushed down on the gas pedal, and they sped off together.

 They drove along the roads in silence for a long while, the two men continually glancing over at each other. Eventually, Tommy sighed and said, "We don't get enough quiet time together like this."

 "No one ever said being the singer of a well-loved band is easy," Roy pointed out. "And I can speak from personal experience."

 Tommy sighed again. "Yes, I was technically your replacement. I think we've already been over that. But I mean this, just me and you, together. I need to find more time for this, maybe once the tour is over."

 "Don't you have to get to work on a new album once the tour is done?" Roy asked.

 Tommy sighed for the third time. "You just ruined it, Khan. Or...it could give me an idea."

 "And what idea would that be?"

 "Have you thought about doing anymore music?" Tommy asked.

 "Of course I've thought about it."

 "Then you should do something with the band. You know, be a special guest. I'm sure the fans would love it."

 Now it was Roy's turn to sigh. "I don't know. It's been a while."

 "So? I know Thomas keeps in touch in you, so if you ever wanted to make an appearance, I think he'd be fine with it."

 After a short silence, Roy asked, "Does he know? About this?"

 "Have you told him?"

 "No. Have you?"

 "Can never seem to find a good time to mention it," Tommy answered. "It's not something you can just randomly mention at breakfast or dinner. But please, Khan, think about it. Wouldn't it be great, you and me singing together? We'd have time together, which is exactly what I'm trying to find for us."

 "Can you pull over?" Roy asked.

 "Why?"

 "Can you just do it."

 "Fine." Tommy pulled over to the side of the road. "What is it?"

 Roy leaned over and kissed him. "That. And...I'll think about what you said. But I'm not making any promises there."

 Tommy smiled. "But you are thinking about it. That's good enough for now."

 "Good. We have the entire night together, and I'd rather not spend it doing any arguing."