The Pregnant Predicament (Floorja)

When Floor heard her phone ding, she pulled it out of her pocket to see that she had a text from Tarja.

 Can I see you? It's important.

 Floor wasn't sure what this could be about, but she texted Tarja back to say she would come see her.

 When Floor got to Tarja's place and knocked on the door, Tarja almost immediately answered, looking very nervous.

 "I got your text," Floor said. "What's going on? You look terrified."

 Tarja stepped to the side. "Come in. Please, and I promise I'll tell you."

 "All right." Floor stepped inside. "Come on, Tarja, just tell me what's wrong."

 Tarja closed the door, and stood with her back pressed against. She looked she trying to think of something to say, but couldn't get the words out.

 "I'm pregnant," she blurted out.

 Floor raised her eyebrows. "You're pregnant."

 Tarja nodded. "Yes."

 "Oh. Okay. Well, should I be congratulating you on that?"

 Tarja shrugged helplessly. "I don't know. I don't know if I even want to have a baby."

 "Well, does the baby's father know about this?"

 "No! No. The father and I...I don't want him to know. It's just better if he doesn't."

 "Are you sure?" Floor asked. "Is there a chance you guys could work some-"

 "No, Floor, there isn't." Tarja sat down on the sofa. "I don't to have anything with him anymore, and I certainly don't want him to know I'm having his child."

 "Okay, then. But why are you telling me this?"

 "Because I trust you. I know you won't tell anyone if I ask you not to, but you're such a good friend."

 "Well. I'm flattered you think that highly of me." Floor sat next to her. "So, what are you going to do about the baby?"

 Tarja shrugged again. "I don't even know. I've only known for a couple of days, and I've just been going over it again and again inside my head. I can't think of any real solution."

 Floor hated to see Tarja so upset. She was always so bright, so full of life. Now she just upset and distraught.

 "Hey." Floor took Tarja's hands in hers. "It'll be okay somehow. You'll think of something. I'll help you think of something."

 "No." Tarja pulled her hands away. "I don't want to dump my problems on you."

 "But I don't mind. I want to help you, Tarja, really. You can come to me, any day, and I'll be there."

 Tarja looked into Floor's eyes, and saw the truth there. She meant every word she said, and she would really be there.

 "Thank you, Floor." Tarja threw her arms around the other woman. "You're the best."

 "Don't worry about it." Floor gave her a kiss on the cheek. "If you need anything, I'm going to be here for you. I promise you that."