Determination (Falttila)

Falk Maria Schlegel was happy to find out that a singer had been found for Powerwolf. The new band had had everyone they needed except a singer, and it was important they find someone who would be a perfect fit for the band. Matthew and Charles seemed pretty sure that this man was the one, and they asked if Falk could meet up with them so he could meet the new member of the group. 

 When Falk got to the studio, he called, "I'm here, everybody!" as he walked in.

 "That would be good to know if I knew who 'I' was," he heard. 

 Instead of being greeted by Charles or Matthew, a man Falk had never seen before had replied to him. He was giving Falk an amused smile. 

 "Oh. Um, I'm sorry about it," he said, feeling a little embarrassed. "I'm looking for my bandmates." 

 "Oh. Well,-wait, are you from Powerwolf?" the other man asked. 

 "Yeah, I am." 

 He smiled. "Then I think you've just found one of your bandmates. Which one are you?" 

 "Um, I'm Falk. It's Falk Maria Schlegel. I'm the keyboard player." 

 "And I'm your new singer." He held out his hand. "It seems I'll be going by Attila Dorn while I'm here." He winked. "The Greywolf brothers thought it would be a good idea." 

 Falk smiled and shook Attila's hand. There was definitely something about this man he liked. 

 "It's nice to meet you," said Falk. "Um, I'm glad we finally have a singer. That's the only thing we didn't have, and we needed someone who would go well with the music." 

 "That's exactly what I've been told. I studied classical music and some opera years ago, and I was told that that's something that could work to the band's advantage, and I liked their idea for a band, so I thought I may as well join up." 

 "Well, I see you two have met," Charles said as he walked up to them. "So, I was thinking since we already have a few instrumentals recorded, we could try some more recording to see how it would sound with Attila's voice." 

 Attila nodded. "Yeah, that sounds great." 

 "I can come with you," Falk burst out. "You know, if you need my help with something, I can come help." 

 "No, maybe later, Falk," Charles said, apparently not noticing how Falk was staring at Attila. "Come on." 

 "I'll see you later, then," Falk said, and gave Attila a small wave. Attila smiled and waved back.

 Falk watched Attila and Charles walk away, wishing he had gotten there a little earlier. If he had, he would have had more time to talk to Attila, and maybe get to know him better. 

 Charles didn't notice Falk's looks, but Matthew did. He sidled up to Falk and said, "I don't think you'll be able to get him to go out with you if you can't play it cool." 

 Falk looked at him. "Why would you think that?" 

 "Well, you're not exactly subtle. If you like him, play it cool. If you get him thinking you're crazy, that'll probably turn him off."

 "So, do you not think he'd like me?" Falk asked. 

 Matthew sighed. "I don't know, Falk. I haven't known him too long, so I have no idea if you're his type. Just don't make it blatantly obvious you have a thing for him, and don't be too weird about it." 

 Falk understood what Matthew was saying. And it was true; he already liked Attila quite a bit, and he didn't want to come on too strong. But he was determined to get to know the singer better and see what would happen. 

~~~~~~ 

 Within the next few months, that was exactly what Falk did, and Matthew and Charles began to notice Falk and Attila spending more and more time together. Charles thought they had just become good friends very quickly, and he pointed that out to Matthew. But Matthew had a feeling there was something more to it than that. 

 On the day all the recordings for their first album were completed, they had all been at the studio together, and Matthew noticed Falk and Attila left together that evening, arm-in-arm. Falk noticed Matthew looking at them, and he gave him a wave as if to say, You see? I did it.

 Charles also noticed this, and he asked, "All right, what's going on that I don't know about?" 

 Matthew sighed. "I'll tell you about it tomorrow. It's a long story."