Child Number One (Olivone)

It was certain now. Simone had gone over it so many times, and took multiple tests, and even went to a doctor. It was all the same thing.

 Simone was pregnant.

 Now, this wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Simone and her boyfriend Oliver had been together for years. They were very serious, and they had talked about having children before. They figured it might be hard to juggle careers and children, but they thought they would have liked to at least have one.

 This must be that one, Simone thought. The one we said we would like to have.

 Simone grew excited thinking about it. She loved the idea of being a mother and having a little girl or boy that could share the same love of music she and Oliver shared.

 But then again, Simone had never been a parent before, and that made her nervous. There were plenty of things that could go wrong, far too many things. She did do her best to get rid those thoughts, though, because before she began panicking too much, she had to tell Oliver this news.

 When she met up with Oliver that night, she was pretty sure she'd had a plan on how to break the news. But she apparently forgot what it was, since she simply blurted out, "I'm pregnant."

 Oliver raised his eyebrows. "You're serious?"

 She nodded. "Yeah. I checked too many times, and I'm pretty sure it's true. So, you know how we said we'd like to have at least one kid? I think this is the one. The first one, at least."

 "Yeah. Wow. This is...well, I wasn't expecting this."

 "Well, neither was I. I've been panicking since I found out, because I don't have any training in parenthood, not really."

 "Well, hey, neither do I," said Oliver. "This is going to be a first for both of us. But that doesn't mean we can't do it."

 "I know. I'm also excited to be a mother, you know? You know, maybe the kid will end up better off then I'm thinking right now."

 "I'm sure he or she will." Oliver smiled and kissed her. "They'll have both of us, and between the both of us, and they'll turn out all right."