The Kitten (Azzy)

"I'm home!" Lzzy called and she stepped inside. "Amy, you here?"

 "I'm here!" Amy called from the living room.

 Lzzy went in to find her girlfriend sitting on the sofa, holding something small and fluffy.

 "What is that?" she asked.

 "It's a kitten, silly," she said. "I found him outside, and I didn't know what to do besides bring him in. I didn't have the heart to leave him out there by himself."

 "Well, what are we going to do with him?" Lzzy asked.

 "Are you allergic to cats?"

 "No."

 "Then I think we should keep him."

 "Keep him?" Lzzy repeated. "But don't you need stuff for a kitten? We don't have anything."

 "I know. That's why I was hoping you'd watch him while I go out to get whatever we'll need."

 Lzzy looked down at the kitten in Amy's arms, and sighed. "All right. I'll watch him."

 "Great." Amy handed the kitten to her. "I shouldn't be too long. Just keep an eye on him."

 After Amy left, Lzzy sat down on the sofa with the kitten in her arms. He seemed very comfortable where he was, so she figured there was no point in moving him.

 It was just like Amy to pick up a random stray animal off the street, she thought. Lzzy liked cats herself, but she and Amy hadn't talked about getting any pets, so this was all a surprise for her.

 However, she did like the kitten now that she was holding him.

 "It's this chilly weather, isn't it?" she asked when he kept sneezing. "I hope that's not a cold you have. We might have to call you Sneezy."

 She carried him to the kitchen and said, "Cats like milk, right?" She opened the refrigerator to find milk and got a small plate from one of the cabinets. "This should hold you over until Amy gets home."

 When Amy did get home, Lzzy said to her, "Well, I've discovered that he definitely likes milk."

 Amy smiled. "I'm glad you like him."

 "Mm-hmm. I've even got a name for him. What do you think of Sneezy?"

 "Sneezy?" she repeated. 

 "Yeah. Now that I've got the name, I'm just gonna think of him as Sneezy. What do you think?"

 "Okay, then," she said. "Sneezy it is. I have no idea why you want to name him that, but it definitely looks like the two of you are already getting attached to each other."

 Lzzy looked down at Sneezy and smiled. Maybe she would get attached.