Christmas With You (Marcuomas)

It was mid-December, and after months of touring, pretty much everyone was looking forward to Christmas.

 Tuomas Holopainen stared silently out the window of the airplane. It wasn't snowing, but it looked like it could. He hoped it would at least wait until they landed; he really would have preferred not to get stuck somewhere away from home. 

 "You don't look very excited for Christmas," Marco remarked. "You feeling okay?"

 "I'm fine," Tuomas replied. "I am happy Christmas is coming. I guess it'll give me some time with my family."

 "Well, you don't sound very happy about that. I guess I'll be going to see mine, too. You know, it'll probably be good for us, given all the time we've spent on the road in the last months."

 "I know," Tuomas said. "It will be, but...I'm going to miss you. You know, during Christmas. We're going to be in different places, doing different things. And I've gotten used to seeing you every day."

 "Tuomas," Marco took his hand, "You know I'm certainly going to miss you. I like being able to see you every day."

 Tuomas smiled a little. "I'll call you. On Christmas, and whenever I can."

 "And I'll do the same. Although-hey. Maybe we don't have to."

 "What do you mean?" Tuomas asked.

 "What I mean," said Marco, "Is let's spend Christmas together. You and me."

 "Together? But what about our other plans?"

 "Well, we don't have to necessarily bail on those," Marco pointed out. "You spend a little time with your family and friends, I spend a little time with mine, and then we spend the rest of it together, the two of us. What do you think?"

 "It's brilliant." Tuomas smiled wider. "It's perfect, Marco!"

 "So, you'll spend with Christmas with me?"

 "Yes, of course I'll spend Christmas with you!"

 Tuomas' slightly sour mood had changed entirely, and the two smiled and laughed and kissed. Until they heard coughing and snickering behind them, and remembered Emppu and Jukka were in the seats in back of theirs.

 "You might want to stop shouting," Jukka suggested, "If you're trying not to draw any extra attention to yourselves."

 "What, no teasing today?" Marco asked jokingly.

 Emppu shook his head. "The whole 'sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g' song got old after a couple of weeks. Although...we could sing about you under the mistletoe."

 "No, please," Tuomas said, laughing. "No mistletoe songs."

 "Yeah, there's a reason why you don't ask you two to sing on stage," Marco added.

 "We're going to be landing soon," Tuomas said, listening to the voice over the speakers. "Where are we staying together for Christmas?"

 "I...actually don't know," Marco answered. "Your place or mine, I guess. It doesn't really matter as long as we're still there."

 "No." Tuomas smiled. "It doesn't, does it?"