Awkwardness (Angelissa)

A sequel to 'Snowed In'

~~~~~~

 It had been a few days since that night Alissa and Angela were snowed in together. In those few days, Alissa founded hard not to think about Angela. She knew now that she definitely had a crush on the other woman, and Angela seemed to like her, too.

 They had talked about hanging out together sometime, maybe as a real date, but Alissa hadn't called or texted Angela, and Angela hadn't her. But now Alissa was beginning to think that maybe she should just reach out, call her and ask her when the next time was she would be free.

 Alissa took out her phone and pressed to Angela's number. After a few rings, she heard, "Hello?" on the other end.

 "Hey, Angela," she said. "It's me. Um, it's Alissa."

 "Hi, Alissa. How have you been?"

 "Um, good, good. Um, I was wondering if-if maybe you would want to...you know, meet up sometime soon. Maybe we could have lunch together or something."

 There was silence on the other end of the line, and Alissa thought maybe she had said the wrong thing. But then Angela asked, "Are you free tomorrow afternoon?"

 "Yeah, I should have free time."

 "Good. Let's meet up, shall we?"

~~~~~~

 Alissa tried to sit still while she waited for Angela. She was nervous, and wasn't sure what she would say when the other woman arrived.

 Angela soon arrived, and Alissa waved to her. She smiled, and came to join you.

 "I am glad you called me," Angela said as she sat down. "I was wondering when I would hear from you."

 "You wanted me to call you?"

 She shrugged. "Well, I was kind of hoping you would. If you hadn't gotten in a touch in about a week or so, I was going to call you myself. So, are we on a date?"

 Now Alissa shrugged. "I don't know. I guess it's kind of a date."

 "It feels like one. You know, of all the people I could have gotten stuck in a blizzard with, I'm glad it was you."

 Alissa smiled. "Seriously?"

 Angela nodded. "Seriously. I'm sorry this is all starting out kind of awkward. Let's work on making it less awkward, shall we?"

 Alissa nodded back, still smiling. "We shall."