Noticeable Feelings Pt. 2 (Elissa + Rommy)

"I guess we should be getting back," said Alissa. "It's actually dark now."

 Elize nodded. "Yeah. Hold on, I've got a flashlight on my phone."

 As they walked, Alissa said, "So...how long did you know I liked you for before saying something about it?"

 "A while. You're not as good at hiding your feelings as you seem to think you are. What's been taking you so long to just get it all out, anyway?"

 Alissa shrugged. "I don't know. Nervousness, I guess. You know it's hard to tell someone you like a lot how much you really like them, don't you?"

 "Yes, of course. But it does need to be said. That's why I'm going to say this now." Elize stopped walking. "Alissa, I really, really, like you a lot, way more than you think. Since you like me, too, I think we should hang out more. You know, go on dates and stuff."

 Alissa smiled. "Seriously?"

 Elize nodded. "Seriously."

 Alissa nodded back. "Okay. Yes, let's." She wrapped her arm around Elize as they began walking again. "We should probably hurry back, though. If we're gone together for too long, people are going to think we're dating or something," she said, which made Elize giggle.

~~~~~~

 "Finding me a place to sit, getting me a bottle of water, and now walking me to my car," Roy said. "You really are thoughtful."

 Tommy shrugged. "Yeah, I guess so. You're sure you're okay?"

 "Yes, I'm fine, I swear. I'm only in my forties; I don't need anyone helping me around just yet. But I appreciate the thoughtfulness."

 Tommy nodded. "Yeah. You're welcome. Hey, Roy...are we friends?"

 "Friends?" Roy shrugged. "I guess so. We do have some mutual friends already, so why not?" He sighed. "I should probably be on my way home, though."

 "Hey, Roy," Tommy said quickly, "Before you go..."

 "Yes?"

 Thinking fast, Tommy said, "Well, if we are going to be, you know, friends, we should hang out sometime. You know, do something together."

 Roy gave him a small smile. "Are you trying to ask me out?"

 "No!" Tommy cried immediately, and then realized what a stupid answer that was. "I mean, not a date, exactly. It would be...you know, us...hanging out together."

 "Tommy, you can calm down. If you were trying to ask me on a date, I honestly wouldn't mind."

 Tommy stared at him in surprise. "Really?"

 Roy smiled and laughed at the look on Tommy's face. "You don't have to be so nervous, seriously. If we happen to be in the same area, we should hang out." He turned to open the car door, but he turned around again, still smiling.

 "I will say this," he said, "Now I'm certainly glad I decided to sneak into the crowd tonight."