When Exes Meet Again (Smoor)

Simone Simons and Floor Jansen had ended their relationship five months ago, and they had not spoken to each other since. Things didn't end too well between them, and neither one of them reached out to the other afterwards out of fear of any conversations being too awkward. Everything was pretty much over between the two women, although maybe it wasn't, because after five months their paths spontaneously crossed again. 

 It happened when Floor was rushing down the street, a little worried about being late for a recording session that was scheduled for that day. She wasn't paying close attention to anything or anyone around her as she nearly ran down the sidewalk. That was how she wound up bumping into Simone, and Simone probably would landed on the sidewalk if Floor hadn't caught her in time. 

 "Floor?" From behind her sunglasses, Simone looked at her in surprise. 

 "Simone." Floor waited for her to get herself steady on her feet again. "I am really sorry about that. I should have slowed my pace a little." 

 "It's okay. It could have been worse if I'd actually hit the sidewalk," Simone pointed out. "Thanks for stopping that, by the way." She looked like she was trying to think of something else to say, but couldn't. 

 "Well, you're welcome," said Floor, who was suddenly feeling very awkward. "So, how have you been? It's been a while." 

 "Yeah, it has," Simone agreed. "Um, I've been all right. But what about you? What were you doing going down the street like that?" 

 Floor suddenly remembered what had caused her to crash into Simone in the first place. She realized she really should be going if she was going to get there on time. But then she looked at Simone again and didn't really want to leave so quickly. 

 "Um, I actually do have somewhere to be," she said. "I was worried I might be late, but I think I can get there on time." 

 "Oh. Okay. I won't keep you, then," Simone said. "It was...good seeing you, Floor." 

 She nodded. "Yeah. You, too." 

 Simone continued on her way in the opposite direction, not looking back at Floor. She thought that if she did, she might have the urge to go running back to Floor. She wasn't sure if that was the best idea. 

 Floor, on the other hand, didn't really want to end her conversation with Simone, however awkward it might get. But maybe they would happen to meet again sometime soon. Maybe there was a reason they just happened to bump into each other.