When You're Ready (Marcuomas)

Marco continued to glance over at Tuomas as he drove. The dark-haired songwriter was leaning against the window, staring at the scenery as they went on. Marco wasn't sure what to say, and Tuomas didn't say anything, so they continued to be silent.

 Eventually, Marco pulled over and turned off the engine.

 "Are we going to talk about this?" he asked.

 "About what?" Tuomas asked back.

 Marco sighed. "You know exactly what I mean, Tuomas.  I didn't think you would be so afraid to talk about us."

 "Marco, you know I didn't want to tell anyone yet," Tuomas said, "It hasn't even been that long."

 "Well, we can't just keep it a secret forever." 

 "I know that," Tuomas snapped. "Just...not yet. I'm not ready."

 The band had been talking to the press earlier, and Marco was starting to say something about his relationship with Tuomas. However, Tuomas had quickly cut in and turned the conversation in another direction. The action surprised and confused Marco.

 When they first told the other band members about it, they were definitely surprised, but gave their friends their support. Both of them were relieved and happy, but Marco didn't think Tuomas was still afraid of telling everyone else.

 "Well, if you're not ready yet-"

 "I'm not."

 Marco nodded. "All right. Well, you are right. It hasn't been that long, and the world doesn't need to know yet. I think I was just excited. You know, about you and me."

 "I just want to take a little more time," Tuomas said. "I think this will turn out to be something good. It's already something good."

 Marco smiled. "Well, I'm glad you think dating me is something good. You know, it's not too late yet. You want to go out and do something?"

 Tuomas nodded. "I would. Whatever seems fun."

 He rested his hand on Marco's arm as he turned the engine on again and got back on the road.