Confession (Jukkette)

Jukka Nevalainen didn't want Anette Olzon to leave Nightwish, but he was worried it was coming. 

 Things hadn't been well within their little circle. There had been a lot of arguing between them all lately, and there seemed to be a growing divide between Anette and the other guys. It didn't help that they were in the middle of a long tour and were all stuck on the road together. 

 But everything was fine between Jukka and Anette. They would have quiet conversations together whenever it was just the two of them, and Anette never seemed as tense. And if Jukka was the one she was able to go to relax and feel more like herself, he wanted to be the man who could make her feel like that. 

 One afternoon, Anette came to find him, and he was alarmed when he saw the tears in her eyes. 

 "Anette. What happened?" he asked her. 

 "Jukka." She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tight. "Don't tell me they're going to kick me out." 

 "Kick you out?" he repeated. "What do you mean?" 

 "I mean if I'm going to get fired from the band. I think it's coming, Jukka. I have a really bad feeling that this is all going to lead up to it." 

 "But it can't," Jukka protested. "Anette, you're our singer. We already fired one; I don't think it's a good idea to fire a second one. Besides, I wouldn't want you to leave. If we were having a vote on it, I would absolutely vote 'no'." 

 "You would?" Anette asked as she wiped her eyes. "Why? I mean, you're the only one who doesn't seem to have a problem with me, but is there any particular reason why?" 

 "Yes, there is." Jukka took her hands in his. "It means I would be far away from you, and I don't want that to happen, ever. I've felt...pretty close to you over the years." 

 Anette nodded. "So have I. I...I wasn't sure if you felt that, too, or if it was just me." 

 "Trust me, it was not just you." Jukka kissed both her hands. "Don't think about getting fired. Don't think about anything that bad. And even if it does happen, you'll still have me." 

 "Oh, Jukka." Anette gave him a quick kiss on the lips and then hugged him again. "If I knew I could bring all my troubles to you and then suddenly feel better, I would have done it sooner. I didn't realize you...cared for me that much." 

 "So, do you mean if I ever asked you to go out with me, you would actually yes?" Jukka asked. 

 "Of course I would," she answered. "Why wouldn't I?" She pulled out of the hug and kissed him again. "Well, I certainly feel better now." 

 Jukka smiled. "So do I. Now, while this has been amazing, we do have a gig coming up, so I think we'll have to save everything else for later." 

 "That's fine as long as you promise to spend time with me later." Anette gently squeezed his hand. "I think there's a lot we've missed out on together."