The Spot (Tarlize)

It was an early evening in late spring. The sun was beginning to lower in the sky, and would be setting soon. But not before Tarja Turunen and Elize Ryd could find the right spot to watch it from. 

 "Are we almost there?" Elize asked as she followed Tarja up another hill. "We've passed plenty of places where we could have stopped." 

 "Don't worry, we're just about there." Tarja replied. She went on ahead and stopped at the top of the hill they'd been climbing. "This is the highest of all these hills. You can't get a better view of the sunset than here." She sat down and waved to Elize. "Come on, I know you must be exhausted by now." 

 "How'd you guess?" Elize sat down next to her. "I don't normally do this much hill-climbing." 

 "Neither do I," said Tarja. "But it can be worth it on an evening like this. You'll like it." 

 Now that they were finally still, Elize took the time to pay more attention to her surroundings. This area did have a secluded feel to it, and there was no one else around so they were completely alone. Thinking about it, it occurred to her that watching the sunset here would make it seem even more like a romantic spot-and maybe that was what Tarja was counting on. 

 "It feels romantic on evenings like this," Tarja said, which was exactly what Elize had been thinking about. "I mean, it can be a romantic spot at anytime if you imagine it to be, but..." 

 "This is different," Elize finished. "Yeah, I guess you're right." 

 They talked very little while the sun was setting, instead preferring to watch it quietly. During this time lapse, Tarja shuffled a little closer to Elize and leaned over so that their shoulders were pressed together. Elize then leaned slightly her way, and slipped her hand into Tarja's. 

 Eventually, the sun went down entirely, and the sky began to grow darker. 

 "Well, now that we've done this," Elize said, breaking the silence, "We should catch a sunrise together one time." 

 "We should. We could even go camping out here sometime, and we can the sunrise from here. It can be our spot." 

 Elize smiled. "Yeah. I'd like that." She kissed Tarja on the cheek. "Thank you for bringing me out here tonight." 

 "Of course. I wanted to." Tarja gave her a kiss on the lips. "I want to stay a little longer before we go, if you don't mind. I brought a flashlight in case we need it." 

 "Okay." Elize wrapped her arm around her and watched as stars began to come into view.