Early Christmas (Tarcelo)

Marcelo Cabuli thought it was a bit odd that his wife had decided to begin recording a Christmas album in the Caribbean in the middle of the summer. Maybe she had just wanted to do something different; it was certainly very different from how cold it was in Finland around Christmas. He knew that very well, because Tarja always wanted to go see her family in Finland around Christmas. Marcelo knew she really enjoyed those trips, so he couldn't exactly say no, could he?

 Naomi was very excited about the album. Tarja and Marcelo's daughter was only five, and she hadn't quite grasped the entire recording process yet, but she loved being in the studio with her mother, and Tarja enjoyed having her daughter there with her. Naomi had told Marcelo not too long before that someday she wanted to sing in a studio and stage the way the mother did, and that made Marcelo smile; his daughter sounded very determined, and he had a feeling she would somehow find a way to do it.

 Marcelo happened to go to the recording studio one afternoon to see what his wife and daughter were up to, and how the new album was coming along. When he entered the studio, he heard Naomi cry, "Daddy!", she ran to hug him so quickly that she nearly knocked him over.

 "Hey, what have you been up to today?" Marcelo asked her when he was steady on his feet again.

 "I sang in the studio with Mommy!" the little girl cried, jumping up and down.

 "You did?"

 "We sang 'Deck the Halls'!"

 "We certainly did." Tarja came over and picked up Naomi. "She's been wanting to sing something with me, and I thought maybe she'd want to sing 'Deck the Halls' with me. I didn't realize she was going to be that excited about it."

 "Well, she loves being here with her mother. Right, Naomi?" Marcelo asked their daughter, who nodded in agreement.

 "We worked on that one today, and the recording should be finished," Tarja said. "What do you think, Naomi? We should let Daddy hear the song, shouldn't we?"

 "You should, Daddy!" Naomi cried.

 "Well, I'd definitely like to hear something my wife and daughter recorded together," said Marcelo.

 Marcelo sat down with Naomi in his lap while Tarja pulled up the recording.

 "Here we go," she said. "Now, listen to that."

 Marcelo was surprised when he heard the recording. It was 'Deck the Halls', but it wasn't like how he'd heard the song before. It had a slower pace, and darker tone to it.

 "Wow. I've heard 'Deck the Halls' like that before," he said when he song was over.

 "Mommy wanted to do a different Christmas album," said Naomi.

 "I did," said Tarja. "I've been recording some traditional songs with a different musical composition. You, something darker and more haunting."

 "Well, I have to say," Marcelo picked up Naomi and wrapped his free arm around Tarja, "Both my girls are incredibly talented. Who else would record a Christmas album like that in the summer?"

 "Mommy said it has to be ready by Christmas," Naomi said.

 "And it will be," said her mother. "The album is almost finished. I just have to do some more work with the producers first."

 "Okay. I think I'd better keep an eye on our very hyper daughter, then," said Marcelo. "She must think this is an early Christmas or something."

 "Well, I think she was wondering why I'm singing Christmas songs this early. She asked me if we're going to see my family for Christmas early, too."

 "Well, I thought maybe we could spend time with some of my relatives, too," Marcelo pointed out.

 "Of course." Tarja took his hands in hers. "We're going to make time for all our friends and family. I think Naomi will like that."

 Marcelo smiled. "It sounds perfect. I'm sure she's even more excited for Christmas to get here now. Come on, Naomi." He took his daughter's hand. "Let's let Mommy finish her work, and then I think we should all go out for dinner to celebrate you guys having such a great day."

 Tarja smiled and blew him a kiss. "I'll see you both in a bit."

 Marcelo blew a kiss back to her, and led Naomi out of the studio, trying to think up ways to keep her occupied until her mother was done with her work.