Observation Day 1

-Reborn's POV-

Before I headed out to the twin's school, I remembered the task that Nono gave me.

"Oi Baka-mitsu, Nono wants you to head back to Italy to take care of some business. Besides,don't you think you've been too relaxed as of late?" I took out my Leon-gun and pointed at him.

He gulped. "Ma~Reborn, I just wanted to see my little Natsu for a while longer and ever since that little devil is awake, I can't let my guard down." He said that last part with spite.

"Little Devil? Who might that be?"

"What do you mean who? Of course it's that boy! Ever since he was born, our lives are never the same! He's bad luck, a harbinger of death!"

Hmm....What he said really intrigued me because when I went around town, I could a hear rumor about some devil is back. I never knew that the devil was only a kid like him. I wonder why they wouldcall him that.

Well, I'm not going to get a decent answer from his father seeing how he hates him so much which I disapprove but I can't say anything until I understand the situation better.

In any case, I feel the need to hit him with my Leon-hammer before saying, "Get going. Nono wants you to be back by the day after." 

After the message was delivered, I proceeded to make my way to Namimori Middle to start my observation of the Decimo candidate.

<--------------------------------------------------->

"SAWADA NATSUME!! WAKE UP!" The teacher yelled at the sleeping boy.

"Huh. What? Is it lunch time already?" He mumbled.

I sighed, his grades were only borderline average and yet he still dare to sleep in class? It seems that I have a lot of work to mould that useless kid into the perfect Vongola Decimo otherwise my reputation will be ruined. The way he is right now is far from being a Decimo, much less a respectable person. In the world of the mafia, he will definitely be deem as useless and get eaten by the stronger mafia groups.

Inside my little room hidden in the school's fire hose storage, I viewed the monitor showing Dame-Natsu's class. I had placed several cameras around the whole school in hidden places that allows me to observe everything that's happening around the entire school.

I watched as the teacher angrily shouted at him while dame-Natsu just looked on with a bored look. 'Hn, I'll teach you to be more respectful towards your teachers, dame-Natsu...' I smirked.

Whereas on the other monitor screen, I was observing another student. Unlike Natsume, he wasn't sleeping but he wasn't paying attention either. He was looking out of the window with a distant gaze. His eyes seemed so lonely and remote as though he doesn't belong in this place.

'What could make him have such a look? What's on his mind?' I find myself very intrigued in this boy which was unusual for me unless--

'Hmm....Is there some hidden potential in him?'

<--------------------------------------------------->

The bell rang, signaling the start of their Lunch break. All the students got up from their seats and each went to their respective group of friends to chat and eat. However, I observed that none of them came near the lone boy or even talked to him. Everyone was ignoring his existence in this class but the intriguing thing to me is that he doesn't even seem bothered by it. After a moment, he stood up from his seat with a bento box in hand as he quietly walks out of the class.

But not before turning his head slightly at the hidden camera by the door and giving it a loop-sided grin.

'What the—'

I was taken aback. How did he know there was a camera there? It was well hidden by yours truly so there's no way an ordinary person can see it.

But then again, he was anything but ordinary. Him being called a devil's child and having that accident that caused him to be mute and having another accident a few months ago that resulted in a coma. No ordinary person could have lived through that and still remind as calm as he is right now. And yet, here he is, sane and very much alive; both mentally and physically.

Definitely not ordinary at all.

'Interesting.' I thought to myself with a small grin. If not for the fact that I'm here to train dame-Natsu, I would have liked to observe his brother--Tsunayoshi--more.

Alas, I've already accepted the mission of training that dame Natsu and thus, I turn my focus back to the monitor showing the twin. In contrast to his brother, Natsu is popular. Especially so with the girls mostly due to the fact that he is the baseball team's star player, had represented and won many trophies for the school.

Well, at least there's something positive about him despite all his flaws that I've seen so far. But I have yet to see him in action first.

Looks like a test is in order....

I can't wait.