Battles for the Rings: Sky (そら)

-Normal POV-

Tsuna squinted his eyes at the brightness of the sun when he stepped out from the portal with Mukuro on his back. The sky was slowly turning orange, just a few more hours till the Sky battle. He looked around as he noticed that he was in front of the Namimori hospital.

Wow. How kind of him to drop us off here. He smiled. He contemplated on what he should do when Chrome suddenly appeared in front of the building.

"Huh? What are you doing here Chrome?"

"I-I felt a familiar presence around here..." Chrome's eyes turned to the figure on Tsuna's back and she stilled. Her eyes widen in disbelief and tears welled up.

"M-Mukuro s-sama......" She stuttered.

"Chrome, now's not the time to cry. He needs help straight away." Tsuna told her sternly and she nodded. She wiped her tears away and composed herself.

"Mukuro-sama needs to be kept safe and hidden from others until he recovers. We need to move now." She told Tsuna.

Tsuna nodded, agreeing with her and they quickly moved to another location in order to let Mukuro rest. The only place they could think of is Kokuyou Land which is a bad place to hide considering that would be the first place anyone would go look. But they had no choice for now.

They laid Mukuro down on a old couch and covered him with a blanket. Chrome looked at Mukuro with a mix of worry and joy in her eyes. She turned to Tsuna and opened her mouth, but couldn't find the right words to express her gratitude towards him.

Tsuna seemed to notice her intensions and smiled. "It's all right Chrome. I did it because I want to and I did promise you didn't I? I never break my promises."

Chrome smiled and her eyes shined with tears.
"Thank you..." She said softly but Tsuna heard it.

" She said softly but Tsuna heard it

"Your welcome Chrome."

They spend the next few minutes getting Mukuro comfortable and make sure his condition is stable before relaxing a little.

"Chrome, be careful during the Sky battle. Don't expect any help from Mukuro since he's like this now." Tsuna told Chrome with a serious tone.

"Isn't it the Sky battle tonight? Am I expected to fight too?" She asked.

"Yes. The Sky battle consist of all the guardians and the Sky from both sides to fight against one another. You are also expected to fight and worse, you'll be poisoned."

Tsuna recalled his experience during his Sky battle and how hard it was to watch his friends struggle with the deadly poison in their system. His fight with Xanxus was not easy and it did not help that his attention was constantly diverted.