A Sudden Turn For the Worse

-Reborn's POV-

That brat...How dare he hid the truth from me....

But I tried not to think about that right now as I force myself to focus on the fight on screen.

The battle started off fine. With Shoichi's guidance, the battle proceeded according to Shoichi's favor. With Genkishi down, leaving two guardians guarding Daisy. Dame-Natsu let down his guard and got trapped by the enemy's illusions. I made a mental note to remember to punish him later.

But right now Yamamoto is on his way towards the enemy's target. Any moment now, this battle will be over.

But what is this unease feeling in the air?

I'm sure Byakuran is planning something. The battle is proceeding too well in Vongola's favor. Something bad is going to happen but I just have to trust Natsu and Yamamoto to handle it. I don't know what to think about depending on Cielo right now, or should I call him Tsuna?

Oh wait, he's also the boss of the Arcobalenos. Can't believe he managed to lie through his teeth all this while. Though I suspected it ever since Aria appeared with the Sky pacifier during the Arcobaleno Trials. The moment Aria mentioned that the current Sky Arcobaleno was a male, I had a sinking suspicion that it was Tsuna. Call it intuition or whatever, I trusted that feeling and had been observing him even closer ever since.

His past experiences with premonition dreams, him able to know what's ahead in the future at times and lastly, his weak body when he overused his flames. All of them are signs of the Sky Arcobaleno's curse.

And then Byakuran had purposely threw out all these hints when they were talking and I knew my suspicions were right all along.

I knew he won't tell me if I ask so I'll use force to reveal him. I was too frustrated at that point to even care if there's an audience around us when I knocked him down and pulled out that familiar accursed pacifier.

I couldn't describe the unpleasant feeling of horror in the pit of my stomach when I saw it. The pacifier that drains flames-in other words-life energy from the host, is right there on him. A brilliant orange, glowing happily as my own pacifier glowed back in response.

I've watched the previous Sky Arcobaleno-Luce-got her life slowly drained away by this thing and after her death, it has been passed down to her daughter-Aria- who accepted it with such bravery and acceptance.

I was powerless to do anything as I watched another Sky Arcobaleno slowly get her life drained out. Her smiles, her laugh, her stubborn attitude was just like Luce's. It kills me inside knowing I could do nothing but watch them carry the Sky Arcobaleno's curse and slowly die off, leaving their precious family behind.

Then one day the pacifier disappeared from Aria's side. I was both alarmed and relieved at the same time. Relieved that I didn't have to see Aria suffer anymore but alarmed as to why the pacifier would even do that. I've never heard of a pacifier that chooses it's bearer. But I guess this one just did.

I recalled the conversation I had with Aria before the Sky Trial. Aria's expression was one of freedom and relief. Freedom from the curse that binds her now that she's free from it.

"I'm glad that the burden is gone and both me and my descendants will be spared from the curse. But now he have to suffer for us. I pity him for everything he have to bear but yet I can't help him. He doesn't let us." Aria had sighed deeply.