Extra: The Skylark's Memories

-Parallel Hibari's POV-

I patrolled the school grounds just like I always do after school hours. Strolling down the dim halls as the sun slowly sets, I can't help but feel oddly settled in this silence.

Here; in this school, is my place to rule. My place to protect and my quiet place to take a nap. It was a place I consider something akin to my home because I never had one. The house where I lived in was not my home and I've never once thought it was. It was suffocating and filled with power hungry herbivores that are willing to do anything to grasp power, even if it means resorting to cowardly means.

It was disgusting to be in that house and so, I won't return unless I have to. For now, the school is my place to rest and protect. Here, I am a carnivore with the power to rule over the weak herbivores.

Basking in the comforting silence, I walked around the last area of the school, feeling satisfied that there's no one left in school.

I love the fact that there's not anyone around and if they are, I get a reason to bite them to death with my Tonfas. My fingers itched by my sides at the thought of it.

Not just the school, the whole of Namimori is my playground. I patrol it every day just to keep it safe. My number one priority is securing the peace in this small town.

Thus, once again, I went on my daily patrol in town. Instead of walking on the sidewalk, I prefer to jump onto the rooftops of houses; this gives me a better view of the town. At my fifth jump, I heard loud noises coming from an alleyway below me.

I growled silently. 'How dare they disturb the peace in Namimori.'

Silently, I peeked over the edge and observed the situation below me.

I looked on as a bunch of teenagers were ganging up against what look like a 10 year old boy. There were 3 of them and they were taking turns kicking and laughing at him as if it was all some kind of joke to them.

My lips twisted in disgust. Weak herbivores always find comfort in numbers and target those weaker than them. These are the kind of people that I absolutely hate. But I can't help but not feel sorry for the boy for being beaten up. He didn't have enough strength to stand up to them and thus, he shall get crushed by the strong.

That's the simple logic of the world that I've come to know. The strong eats the weak. In my world, people are either herbivores or Carnivores. You are either strong or you are weak.

Looking at the boy now, I immediately labeled him as an herbivore. His body was small, with thin, boney limbs and pale skin. None of which, has any ounce of muscle underneath them.

The bullies on the other hand were all muscular and big.

'Pity that their brains are all filled with muscles too.' I mused.

"Why don't you just die you devil!" One of them shouted and kicked him right in the stomach. But I heard no cries from the boy. His mouth was sealed tight and I noticed him biting his lips, refusing to let the bullies have the satisfaction of hearing him cry out loud.

'Hmm...How prideful of him.' I thought with interest.

So, he is the rumored 'devil' that everyone's talking about? He doesn't seem anything like a devil to me. More like, the ones attacking him right now seems more devilish in my eyes.

I have enough of this.

I jumped down and landed squarely onto one of the bullies' back. He landed hard onto the concrete floor with a satisfying crack and didn't get up. The other two were shock at my entrance and didn't react in time to my tonfas that I quickly pulled out and slammed it right into the other's face and another at the last bully's abdomen. Both of them went down with a thud.