Diary Entry #27: The Life of A Forgotten Child

A/N: Sorry guys, but this chapter is more of a side chap from the story. Its about the parallel's Tsuna and what he went through. It's not important to the main plot so it's not necessary to read it but I just wanted to write about him from his POV. Enjoy!

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Again. They have forgotten about me again.

I sat alone in my room, hugging my legs and wait for it to all end. The sounds of laughter, the cheers of my parents and the applause given to my twin brother.

That's right. My twin brother. So why is it that even though we were born on the same day, I'm the one who got forgotten on the day of our birthday? They say that twins are special because no one is closer to you than someone who has been with you since birth and growing up together with one another by your side means you'll never be alone. So why is it that I'm feeling so alone right now?

I opened the door to peek a little and saw a group of my brother's friends chating with him. They have smiles on their faces and they were enjoying themselves, especially my brother. I notice a boy whom I recognized as Yamamoto-kun drape an arm over my brother's neck in a friendly gesture as he laughed over something my brother said.

My parents brought out a huge cake with 8 candles on it. On the cake, written with chocolate icing was 'Happy Birthday my Beloved Son!'. Natsu-nii's eyes brightened up at the cake and a few of his friends were saying how lucky he is for having such doting parents.

I quietly went back to my room and locked the door, immediately regretting to even peek outside for a moment. The horrible aching feeling is back, worst than ever. It gnaws at my insides, making me really uncomfortable and painful. My eyes pricked with tears but I refused to let them fall.

I'll not cry for something like this. I told myself firmly. Not for something so small like my 'birthday'.

More loud cheering came from downstairs as they started to sing the 'Happy Birthday' song. I covered my ears with my hands but yet somehow, the sound still manage to flow through. I thought it was over when they finished singing the song but my parents was not done.

"Happy Birthday our Beloved Natsume! We're so blessed that you are born to us on this very day!" My parents said in unison.

That was when my dam broke. Streams of tears flow down my cheeks freely and my body shook uncontrollably.

Birthdays are days to celebrate and be thankful that you were born. Birthdays are meant to be a special day for everyone because by celebrating it with your loved ones, they are telling you that they are glad that you're born and have met you.

But what does that make me? Someone who was forgotten. Someone whose birthday didn't even matter? Does that mean I'm not wanted? That I shouldn't have been born?

These thoughts went though my mind and towards my heart like an arrow. I bit my lips hard and tried to calm myself down. My throat burns at the cries that was trying to escape my mouth but since I became a mute, I could only cry in silence.

I should have known this would happen, it's not the first time it did anyway. But why does it hurts so much every time. You would think that by now, I should be numb to the pain already but no. Somewhere, deep down, I stubbornly hold on to hope that one day, they'd be able to see me for who I am and accept me. And each time, I end up disappointing myself and them. I think I've become a glutton for punishment as each time I held on to hope, I get stabbed in the heart by them.