Ashton || Anna

He was gone. Everything that was his is soon packed away and placed in his vehicle. You didn't say anything or try to stop him as he continued to carry boxes out. You wiped the falling tear with the back of your hand. You had a feeling this was coming but you never thought it would happen so soon. Just moments ago you both were cuddled up on the couch as he explained everything he loved about you.

"This is it huh?" You questioned as he walked back in and passed by you.

"Clearly."

"Can I do anything to change your mind.?"

"Anna, by what was said just two minutes ago proves there is nothing you can say or even yet do." He sternly stated as he entered his music room.

"Ashton come on, we've fought before. Everything will be better tomorrow." You tried reassuring him. Well mostly yourself.

"This is all a game to you isn't it? Always assuming I'll be back, assuming this will all be fine. DOES IT LOOK FINE TO YOU?"

You cringed at the raise of his voice. He walked out the room carrying a few books as he placed them in a box that sits in the living room. "It will be fine, I know it. You love me." You mutter quickly as you followed closely behind him.

"Loved. Anna loved."

You stepped back as those words left his mouth. You always swore that no matter he loves you. But seeing as the love he once had for has faded shows just how much this impact of the fight has changed everything.

"Loved?" You question.

"Yes Anna. Past tense as not anymore."

"But minutes before you said - "

"That was all before you clearly ruined it."

It's my fault? He continued walking back and forth placing things in boxes and ignoring your frantic stares. He's blaming it all on you for just a little comment. Why is he getting so furious over such a little thing.?

"I just made a small comment." You mumbled as he entered the kitchen.

"Small comment. SMALL COMMENT!" He sternly yelled throwing the things in his hands in the box on the table.

"Yes."

"Bullshit. Explaining how my goals in life are shit compared to yours. Clearly isn't a small comment."

"Ashton I just stated - "

"Your opinion, I know. But haven't you learned your opinion is shit sometimes." He grabbed the box off the table before heading to the front door. "I'll be back for my drums some other time, I have to get out now."

With that last comment he opened the door and slammed it shut. He was gone. You stood standing in the doorway of the kitchen as you just starred at the front door waiting form him to rush back in declaring he loves you only you. But as you continued to stare there was nothing. Rushing to the door you opened it in time to see his car back out of the driveway.

The car stopped shockingly. You didn't know what this meant but you rushed towards the vehicle. He stepped out soon walking towards you. "Here." He placed the key of your apartment in the palm of your hand before walking back to his vehicle and soon driving off. You stood outside starring off. You wished it was like the movies. He would rush back and explain how he is sorry. You would apologize for something that you knew was your fault. He would kiss you as rain would began to slowly come down.

*

Weeks passed. Along with months.

No calls.

No texts.

It was finally over. Going through every social media you can you noticed how his band was achieving popularity. You were shocked you made the stupid comment declaring it to b failure. But by the looks of accounts dedicated to him and his band it showed you were wrong.

His goals weren't shit. His goals were something he wanted to achieve and that's what he was doing. Everyday and every night. He was living his dreams. You stayed seated in your trashed couch looking out to your rag shack of an apartment. Your McDonalds uniform laying on the sofa. There was a knock at the door grabbing your attention. You eased up off the couch slowly walking to the door.

"Anna?"

Your eyes widened at the sight of him. He had a bandana placed around his head and a big smile on his face.

"Ashton?" You muttered not believing what you were seeing.

"Yep." He muttered proudly.

"Come in?" You asked. Wishing he would so you guys could catch up.

"Sorry I can't. I have a show to do In a few hours."

"Oh." You were a little saddened by his rejection to your offer.

"I just wanted to come by and thank you."

"Thank me?"

"Yes. Thank you, Anna if wasn't for our break up I wouldn't have dedicated my life to my music and archiving what I have now."

"Ah, I see...." You hates it. Him just coming him to prove you were a failure and he achieved everything he has dreamed of.

"Well I have to get going. Bye Anna, it was great seeing you."

"Yeah you too." You muttered not really wanting to talk to him anymore.

You watched as he soon left like he once did before. He didn't look back. He didn't try to have more of a conversation with you, he just continued walking. It was just as before. You wanted to stop him, you wanted to have him here with you once more but like many months ago you let him go. Yet again regret sinks in as you close the door and look around.