Luke || Valeria

be ready at 6.

you read over the text as you looked at the time 5:58pm. you were so anxious for this date. you were shocked by him asking you, you never expect him -of all people- wanted to go on a date with you.

the time was finally arrived as you sat on the couch waiting for the knock on the door.

but as minutes turned into hours no sound was heard. you promised yourself that it was traffic that he probably got caught up in.

you thought of many options as to why he hasn't shown up yet but you ignored the truth. you couldn't bring yourself to think that he actually stood you up, because you swore to yourself that he cared in someway.

but obviously he didn't.

the sound of your text tone made you hopeful in everything. as his name was on the screen you were hoping he was still on his way that he would be apologising the whole time. as you unlocked your phone and clicked on his message your heart dropped.

Jamie - Valeria, I am so sorry I wasn't able to come and get you for our date. I got so over packed with stuff I forgot all about it. hopefully we can reschedule?

you simple texted him back instructing that it was fine and there was no worries. you headed back upstairs and started to remove your make-up.

finally being dressed in your pyjamas you decided to drown your feelings by watching your favourite show -Bates Motel. you started to get comfortable but soon became startled as your door was soon opened.

"what the fuck Valeria?" A familiar voice questioned as you continued to hit the person with your pillow.

"Luke?"

"yeah, what the hell were you attacking me with your pillow?"

"I got spooked and I wasn't expecting anyone to be over. "

He couldnt help but laugh at you as your only defense was a pillow. you threw it at his head soon causing him to stop laughing. you placed yourself back on your bed as Luke joined you. you looked over at him not understanding why he was here, as well as questioning what kind of meterial he uses in his hair.

"did you hear me?" he questioned as his fingers snapped in front of your face.

"huh?"

"i asked how was your date?"

"Oh my date.....haha well heres the funny story." you tried acting cool, but everything became an awkward silence as you instructed him that he never showed up and texted you hours later asking if he could reschedule.

the silence stayed as nothing was spoken, you didnt know how to make everything okay and that you were fine but in all honesty you were heartbroken, your first date with a guy of your dreams were trashed.

luke quickly stood up, his back stayed turned to you as he spoke "Be up and dressed by noon tomorrow!"

before you could question him the door was slammed shut.

*

quickly getting up and getting ready you awaited for luke to show up. as it was a minute after the time he demanded you to be up and ready, you stared to question if he was going to ditch you as well. but as your door opened and a neatly dressed luke was presented you couldnt help but smile.

"why are you so dressed up?" you questioned walking over to him.

"well, your first date of all time was cancelled because some prick wanted to fuck Carly instead of taking a beautiful girl as yourself out. so i decided why not me, your best friend, take you on your very first date." his smile was bright.

you stood on your toes as you pressed your lips to his cheek. "thank you."

he blushed before looking down. he grabbed your hand before you could say anything or question his new shy behavior.

you never excpeted having your first date with your best friend to go as well as it did. he was a complete gentleman. everything seemed perfect and you didnt think anything of it all. as the night sky soon apeared you stayed placed beside luke as you both continued to look up at the star covered sky.

"i like you."

"i like you too, luke." you spoke as it was nothing. obviously you like him, he was your best friend.

"no, not like a friend. Valeria, i like you, like like you."

"luke-"

"dont say anyting, just lets enjoy this moment and not focus on rejection or unknown feelings." you nodded before focusing your attention back onto the sky.

but what he didnt know was that your feelings for him would never pass being a friend and you surely didnt know how to express that to him after such an amazing night. you never expected your first date to end with your best friend liking you and you breaking his heart.