Ashton || Caroline

you kept your phone on 'Do Not Disturb'. you weren't really up to talking to anyone or your phone going off signalling someone is trying to talk to you.

everything was crashing down and there was no way to stop it. you were apart of a disaster and the outcome is truly your fault. you could be over reacting this whole thing but you weren't left with anymore options, not this time.

you stayed laying on your bed as everything began to reply in your head. you hated days of silence, days of being alone. everything replayed in your head, all the mistakes you've made, all the bad choices that came present in your life. everything was making you feel worse about yourself.

"I'm such a fuck up." you groaned as you placed a pillow over your face.

your annoyance grew more as the sound of a fist hitting against your door. you stayed quiet not wanting to give your presence away. you thought that if you were quiet enough whoever it was would leave.

"Caroline I'm not leaving until you open this damn door." hearing his voice you knew he would never leave.

you tried not to move knowing your bed would squeak and creak giving to away. his fist hit the door with more force. you shook your head wanting him to leave so you could be alone.

him coming in here would lead you to fucking up something else. most likely your friendship with him. you groaned, getting up from your bed you unlocked the door before heading back as placing the pillow back on your face.

"seems like you had a shitty day." you could hear the smirk in his voice.

you weren't wanting his snark remarks as well as hearing about Michael doing something to Calum and Calum getting him back. it was aggravating.

"come on Caroline talk to me." Ashton started to whine.

"leave."

"that's not what I meant. what's bothering you.?" the pillow was soon removed from your face as you squinted your eyes from the bright light.

"can I ask you something?"

"yeah. you know this." Ashton turned to where he was facing you as you say up in your bed.

"do you think I'm a fuck up?" his laugh soon filled the room.

was this funny to him.

"your kidding right?" shaking your head. the humour soon left his features. "Caroline I've known you since we were three. you surely are not a fuck up. and never have been. why do you think that?"

you look down as your fingers. "there was this guy that.."

"who?!" Ashton cut you off as his voice was loud and demanding.

"Jayden..." you sighed.

"that fucker. Caroline, he fucks up everything he touches. no matter what he says to you, you should look at him. he has no room to talk or make anyone feel like shit. he isn't worth your time and any guy that makes you sit her and blame yourself is a piece of shit in my book."

you soon wrap your arms around him. his words were something you needed to hear. he placed his arms around you as he hugged you back. "now enough with the mushy stuff let's watch some of those movies you like that I surely hate and order a pizza!"

"that is why your my best friend." you smiled as you grabbed your stash of DVDs.

"damn right that's why!" you couldn't help laugh.

Ashton always knew how to cheer you up in your worst moods. he knew exactly what to say. he was your best friend and you wouldn't trade him for the world.