Game 1

"I'll have a surprise waiting for you after the game tomorrow" I said smiling as we ate the homemade chocolate chip cookies I brought with me. 

"Babe, you do know that I fly back after the game, I don't get to stay in Nashville for another night after the game?" Rob said. 

"Um, I kinda forgot that it's such a quick turn around" I said trying not to get upset. 

"Babe, it's okay" Rob said. "But that's why I wanted you to stay with me tonight. So we can spend a little bit of time together."

"Rob, I don't want you to be distracted" I said, "we will get to spend more time together next weekend."

"But now I don't get a surprise after the game" he said pretending to pout. 

"Guess you'll just have to wait till next weekend" I said with a shrug and a smirk. 

"I think you should stick to come to home games" Rob said, "that way we can have time together after."

"Yeah, you're probably right" I said "but somebody has to be here to cheer you on. Now, fill me in."

Rob went on about the plans, holding me against him we cuddled while he told me all about his meetings and their strategy. 

"You sure, you don't want to stay here tonight" he asked as I got up to leave.

"No, you need to rest" I said, "and focus." 

"But you know, a little love is good for me too, and it's been a week" Rob said. I got a little stiff thinking that Rob keeps track. 

"Not the night before a game" I said, "you just need to make sure you are on your A game tomorrow."

"I'll walk you out" Rob said getting up and grabbing my hand. 

We walked through the hotel and out to the parking lot. "I love you" he said pushing me up against the passenger door, aggressive but lovingly. He kissed me, and when he pulled away I smiled at him. "I love you too."

Author's note: Should Rob be keeping track? Was Caroline right to leave?