LOSS

I cringed every time Rob got hit.

"It's okay" Diane said grabbing my hand.

I gave her a small smile.

The game ended with a score of 20-18, Cardinals won. I walked down onto the field grabbing Rob in a hug. "I'm gonna go change, I'll me you in the bus in an hour or so," he said quietly his face nuzzled into my neck.

"Alright" I said letting him go.

He hugged his mom, and the two of us headed to the bus with James. I had to sign some autographs, but I did my best to just keep a low profile. We made it to the bus.

I sat down letting out a deep breath. Grabbing a water. I closed my eyes "Diane I'm sorry, but I'm exhausted. I'm just gonna lay down and close my eyes till Rob gets here."

"That's totally fine sweetie" Diane said, "you look exhausted."

I closed my eyes, I feel tense. The doors opened and I opened my eyes, "Hey, baby you did great" I said as Rob sat down next to me, I patted his thigh. "You ready to head home?"

"No, I still want to take you two out to dinner" Rob said putting an arm around me.

"You two should go to dinner and have date night. I'll have Goon drop me off at home" Diane said.

"Absolutely not, you're coming with us. You're only here for a few days to" I said,

"Yeah, Mom, I want to take the two most important women in my life to dinner" Rob said.

"Are you sure you want to go to dinner? If you're tired, we can go home?" I said.

"I said I was going to take you out for dinner after, and we're going to go" Rob said placing his hand roughly on the inside of my thigh.

"Right, you should have some water," I said getting up and grabbing him a bottle. I handed it to him.

"Babe, sit down and relax" Rob said pulling me into him.

Diane gave me a wink. "Alright baby, I know" I said running a hand through his hair.

He laid down across the seats putting his head in my lap. "Rob, if you're tired, we don't have to go to dinner" I said.

"Caroline, I'm fine" Rob said harshly. "I lost the game, not my appetite. A kiss would also be nice."

"Okay, whatever you want" I said leaning down and kissing his forehead.

"I thought you played a good game" Diane said.

We pulled up at the restaurant, "I'll go get a table" Diane said grazing Rob's arm as she walked off.

"Now can I get a real kiss" Rob said puckering his lips.

I leaned down and kissed him, "you know we haven't had sex on the party bus yet" he said with a smirk.

"Okay, you're clearly doing just fine" I said with a laugh standing up, "come on let's go get dinner with your mom."

He stood up, "I love you" he said wrapping his arms around me and kissing my forehead.

We walked into the restaurant and you can just tell Rob's moping. Which that's okay he has a right to be grumpy.

"Where are you two thinking about going for your bye week?" Diane asked.

I looked at Rob, "wherever he wants to go" I said.

"Either Florida or the lake" he said.

"You want to go to the lake?" I asked shocked.

"I mean the whole point is for the two of us to just relax. It doesn't really matter where we go" Rob said, "the lake would be easy, and private."

His hand constantly landed on the inside of my thigh.

"Alright, let's get out of here" he said after signing the check.

"Thank you for dinner" I said kissing his cheek when we sat down on the bus.

He just sat there, I can tell he's tired.

We pulled into the driveway, "you two can hang out, I'm going to go to bed" Rob said kissing my cheek before getting of the bus.

Diane poured two glasses of wine when we walked in.

"I'm just gonna check on Rob really quick" I said heading towards his bedroom.

"Hey baby, you need anything?" I asked opening the door.

"Nope" he said, I walked into the closet where he's changing.

"Are you sure your good?" I asked.

"I promise I'm just tired" he said leaning in and kissing me.

"Yeah" I said my hands landing on his waist when he started kissing my neck.

"Babe, I have to go out and chat with your mom for a little bit. Why don't you come out too" I said, stepping away a little.

"Okay" he said, "but you are going to cuddle with me on the couch."

"Okay" I said, "come on. Don't pout, you played great."

"I'm not pouting" he said, "but ideally I'd like to lay in bed with you right now."

"We can lay in bed all day on Tuesday" I said.

"I'm holding you to that" he said smacking my butt before we walked.

Diane smiled when we walked out sitting down on the couch. I sat down normally expecting Rob to just sit down next to me, but no. In typical Rob fashion in he spread himself across the couch with his head in my lap.

We just sat and watched tv, but it was just relaxing.

"You ready to go to bed?" Rob asked.

I hesitated, "you two go to bed" Diane said, "you need to have your own time too. I'll clean up." Diane laughed, "besides you have a naked massage to give her right."

"You would be correct, I do owe her a massage" Rob said

"One with clothes on" I said my face red.

"Come on, babe" Rob said standing up.

I stood up, "Alright" I said. Walking into his room, Rob took off his t-shirt.

"Baby, those bruises are horrible" I said shocked.

"I'm fine" Rob said, "it's just part of the game."

"Rob, maybe you should at least sit in ice tonight or something?"

"Baby, I'm fine" he said pulling me in for a kiss after we got into bed.

"I just worry about you" I said running hand through his hair.

"I know" Rob said, "but now we're home and I want to take care of you" he kissed my neck. His hands playing with the waist band on my pants.

"Rob, your mom" I said.

"My mom what?" Rob asked.

"Your mother is right down the hall" I said.

"Caroline, she's not naive" Rob said pulling away.

"It's just disrespectful" I said "you're her son."

"Caroline, maybe it would be disrespectful in her house, but this is my house and I'm a grown ass man who wants to make love to his gorgeous and amazing and supportive girlfriend, because I really think it would help me get over the really shitty loss today" Rob said.

I just looked at him, "now will you please relax" Rob said, "please."

"Okay" I said giving in. "But we have to be quiet."

"Deal" he said going back to kissing my neck.