Rings

I was surprised, Rob laid there and held me, and let me talk.

The door opened and slammed shut. "Liz is here" I said getting up.

"Stay calm" Rob said getting up.

"I will, can I just have girl time? Why don't you go get your work out in." I leaned into him for a kiss.

"Yeah, you have fun" he said smiling at me.

"We're home now, so I guess I can put this on" I said putting my engagement ring on my finger.

"Admit it, I did pretty good" he said leaning in, kissing me again.

"You did great" I said smiling as Rob moved down kissing my neck. 

I heard feet coming up the stairs "caroline" Liz yelled.

"In my room" I called back, brushing Rob off. 

Liz opened the door. Rob kissed my cheek, "I'm gonna go work out. You keep an eye on her" Rob said jokingly to Liz. Giving her a hug before walking out.

"How was Nashville?" Liz asked plopping down on my bed.

"It was really good, but it's nice to be home" I said getting back under the covers. "How have you been?"

"It's just so quiet here by myself" Liz said "and you're wearing your engagement ring! It's so pretty!"

We laid in bed catching up, chatting. Till Rob walked up, sweaty.

"Robby, when are we going to know if you have to have another surgery?"

"Soon babe" he said with a shrug, "it's not for you to worry about."

"Yes it is" I said, "it's your health. And I want to be able to be there."

He started stripping down, "babe, babe, liz is in here" I said as he took off his shorts, which I mean he still had underwear on, but still.

"Right, sorry, habit. I'm going to take a shower" Rob said heading into the bathroom.

"Let's go downstairs and start on dinner" I said getting out of bed.

I felt arms wrap around me and a nibble on my neck, "let's go on a walk." He said spinning me around. I looked at him with an unsure expression, "Lizzy can handle everything for a few minutes. Let's get these dogs some exercise."

I looked at Liz, "go, I've got everything under control."

I grabbed my coat and headed out with Rob.

"Why are we going for a walk" I asked holding his hand.

"Because I want you to stay calm" Rob said, "and I want you to keep feeling comfortable with me being in control." 

We sat down under a barren tree, "Rob, what you don't realize, is that I enjoy you being in control, I want you to be the dominant one in our relationship. I'm in control in every other aspect of my life. When it comes to my love life, I definitely don't want to be the one in control. But I want you to prove that you should be, and I probably am going to test you because that's just how I am."

"So is that permission to take over more?" Rob asked

"Yes, you used to" I said, "you used to be the one that ordered the bottle of wine at dinner, and picked the restaurant, and lead the way, and I want that."