Temptation

We cuddled up on the couch in front of the fireplace. "This is pretty romantic" I said "and very relaxing." 

"A pretty good date night in" Rob agreed. "It's so nice to spend time with you."

"I think there's ice cream in the freeze for dessert. If you want it tonight" I said

"Absolutely" Rob said getting up. "You just sit on the counter and I'll make sundaes."

I took a cherry from the jar. Tying the stem in a knot with my tongue.

"One bowl?" I asked.

"I figured we could split it" Rob said standing in-between my legs, holding the spoon out, I took a bite.

Rob's pov.

I took a bite of the ice cream before feeding Caroline another bite. "I'm ready to go to bed if you are?" Caroline asked wrapping her arms around my neck and pecking me on the lips.

I had to keep myself from getting excited, we are just sleeping unless she says otherwise.

"I agree, let's go" I said, picking her up.

"Rob," she said with a laugh, wrapping her legs around me waist. "I can walk."

I sat her down on the bed. She got herself under the covers and I took off my shirt and shorts.

"I love cuddling with you" Caroline said laying her head on my chest.

"Me too" I said using all my willpower to not take this farther right now.

"It was nice to hang out just the two of us tonight" she said smiling at me.

"Yeah" I said. She kissed me. "What was that for?" I asked with a smirk

"I'm so thankful for your patience with me" she said closing her eyes. "It means everything."

This will all be worth it in the end. I hope. That we can go back to having an adult relationship with regular sex. That she will trust me and know that I value our relationship over sex.

But it's so hard, watching her tie cherry stems with tongue and watching her walk around with those long legs. How her touch turns me on. How disconnected I feel not being able to love her how I know to love. But I'm showing her that I care.