Being the rock

Pulling into Robs driveway, I'm anxious, tomorrow we will go to the hospital for his major surgery.

While I'm still in my car, Rob bounded outside, a smile on his face, he opened my car door, "I'm so happy to see you" he said leaning in for a kiss.

"Alright, come on, we've got stuff to do" I said pulling away.

"You're first on my list" Rob said with a smirk, stepping out of the way so I can get out of the car.

I rolled my eyes, walking inside.

I started to unpack, this is home for the next two weeks, till we get to head to the lake.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Rob asked walking into his bedroom.

"Just give me a little time to decompress, okay?"

"Are you stressed, let me give you a massage" he put his hands on my shoulders.

I turned around, "Rob, give me like a half an hour to an hour to just get adjusted, okay?"

"Okay" Rob said laying down on the bed, watching me.

"It's nice to have you here" Rob said.

I didn't answer, just trying to get my nerves under control and unpack.

I heard soft country music come on, "come on babe, let's just dance." He stuck out his hand, looking at me.

I looked at him for a minute before giving in. Resting my body against his, swaying to the music, "it's all going to be okay."

"Now, I want to take you out to dinner tonight, as an early thank you for everything you're about to do" Rob said as the song ended, "does that sound okay to you?"

"That sounds great"

"Okay, now, let me help you put this stuff away while we talk about how your last two weeks in Nashville were."

"It was good, it was busy, and ya know, I think I found a venue for the wedding." I said quickly.

"Where?" Rob put his hand on my arm, trying to ground me.

"What about if we do it behind the house in Cincinnati?" I asked.

"It sounds perfect to me" Rob said.

"Okay, so a lot of other pieces are delegated, I'm leaving catering and the bar to Sam, and flowers to my mom."

"So all we are left in charge of is the baby we need to make" I looked at Rob confused. "Caroline, think about it, we are about to be together for two months straight, when do we have that much time to be exact with your cycle and peak fertility."

"Rob, there will be other times in our lives that we can try, we are not going to try to get pregnant right after you have back surgery."

"When?" Rob asked.

"Rob, I want one year of married life before we even have this conversation again. I want one year of living together full time and getting acclimated to that first."

"Okay, and then we can talk?" Rob asked

"Then we can talk" I said

"I just think you'd be a really good mom" Rob said

"I've been a mother my whole life, so it's something I wrestle with."

"How about we go sit on the couch and chill out." Rob asked.

"How about we go get in the hot tub?" I asked

"I like how you think, can we do it naked?" Rob asked smiling at me.