Emotional trauma

I woke up, straddling Rob, my head on his chest. "I can not believe you let me lay on you like this" I said quickly attempting to move off of Rob.

"No" Rob said wrapping his arms around me.

"Rob, this has to be hurting you."

"It isn't, I'm getting stronger, I'm healing, and this is fan-f*cking-tasting"

"I love that when your tipsy you want to snuggle, I wish your inhibitions lowered enough that you wanted to screw. But hey, baby steps."

"It's seven, you think it's early enough that I can sneak into the kitchen for a cup of coffee and come back to bed without waking anyone?"

"I'll do it" Rob said, "and when I come back, I have an idea."

I got off him laying in bed. The door closed quietly behind him as he went to make coffee.

"No-ones up, granted its seven in the morning and we went to bed at like two" Rob said getting into bed. I cuddled into him. "So I'm thinking we put a little coffee bar in that corner of the room so that we kind of have our space."

"Rob, this house is our space."

"Caroline" Rob said.

"It is, this is my house, I'm not in a college dorm, if I want a coffee I'll go to the kitchen, what's next, a fridge in here too?"

"Caroline, if the babies were here, me walking out there for coffee would have been the end of our time. And you like your coffee, you aren't going to sit here and cuddle for an hour without it."

"I see your point, I don't necessarily agree, but I understand. You can move the keurig in here and leave the coffee pot in the kitchen, for this week only. Since everyone is going to be here for ten days."

"Last night was so easy" Rob said

"It was fun"

"You were so fun, I mean when is the last time you got in bed and just got on top of me wanting to snuggle?"

"Probably the last time I had over a fifth of bourbon in me when I came to bed" I said

"It's so hot" Rob said, "you think you can help me shower this morning?"

"I really just want to sit here, watch the news and slowly wake up" I said running a hand through his hair, smiling down at him.

Sitting my coffee on the nightstand, I looked at Rob, "lay down and snuggle me?" I asked laying back down.

"Anytime babe" Rob said wrapping his strong arms around me from behind.

"This is what I miss when I'm in Nashville" I said putting my hand on top of his. "This safe feeling" I moved my leg back, intertwining it with his.

"I love you babe" Rob said kissing my neck.

I heard noise coming from the family room, I moved, knowing that that probably means it's time to get up.

"Just ten more minutes babe" Rob said, "it's so nice to just have some one on one time with you before we go into the chaos."

There was a knock on our door, "dear lord" Rob said.

"Come in" I yelled moving away from Rob a little.

"You are up! Do you want eggs?" Liz asked

"Yeah, we will be out in a minute" I said.

"Okay" Liz said shutting the door.

"Caroline, everyone is going to be here for ten days, I do want some time with you" Rob said pressing his lips against my neck.