Valentine's Day

I left work at 6:30pm attempting to make it home by seven. 

"The condo looks great" I said when I walked in the door, "thank you for picking up."

"Happy Valentine's Day" Rob said as I walked into the kitchen, he kissed me. "So I did order carry out, I knew you wanted to stay in and keep it simple, but I have a feeling this will be a lot better than anything I could cook."

"Anything would be great" I said leaning in and kissing him again. I pulled away getting a glass of water. 

"How was work?" he said sitting me up on the counter. 

"It was productive" I said, I'm trying not to bring my work home with me.

"Yeah, well you need to relax," he rubbed my shoulders.

"I am" I said, he gave me a knowing look, "I'm working on it."

"What can I do to help?" he asked untying my shoes and slipping them off my feet. 

'You can just love me" I said leaning in and kissing him again. 

We sat down to eat, "so I thought about us taking that combined trip for my birthday."

"My issue is with the fact that, if we do that. Our relationship gets put on the back burner. I want time with you too."

"Rob it's your birthday, if you want to take the trip with all of us but set some boundaries with them, I'm okay with that."

"So there's a possibility that we could rent our own house?" Rob asked

"I think we'd be better to find a house that has a carriage house, and then we can take the carriage house" I said 

"And we can have sex?" Rob asked looking at me. 

"If you want to lay down the law with them and say that from ten at night to ten in the morning, no one is to come bother us. That's up to you" I said. "We're taking the trip for your birthday."

"You know what you need babe" Rob said

"What do I need?"

He put his hand on mine, "you need to just relax, you don't have to be in control, okay? I got you."

"What's your plan tonight?" I asked

He laughed, "Caroline, you are not in control, just relax." He shook his head, "but if you must know, after this I was thinking we can cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie."

I looked at him, with I'm sorry eyes. "Babe, it's not your fault. I'm not mad."

"I love you" I said. 

As we finished up dinner I smiled at him, "thank you for being so patient."

"Always" Rob said and left a kiss on my forehead, he poured me another drink. "You go hang out on the couch and just let me clean up quickly."

"Rob, don't be silly, we can both clean up" I said standing up and taking my plate to the sink. 

"Caroline, I already feel bad that we didn't do anything special, go chill out I'll clean up" Rob said standing in front of me. 

I looked at him confused, he feels bad that we didn't do anything special? I set my plate down, "Rob, this is special, us taking time to just be lazy. Babe this is all I wanted, we don't need any fancy dinner, I just want to get to hang out together."

"I still wanted to spoil you more" Rob said, "this isn't exactly anything exciting."

"This is exactly what I wanted" I said wrapping my arms around his neck and leaning in kissing him. 

"I'm glad, now go sit your booty down on the couch" Rob said, "just give me two minutes."

"Fine" I said heading for the couch, curling up with a blanket. I closed my eyes, but then I felt the couch move next to me and Rob pulled me into him, "happy valentines day" he said handing me a card.

"Let's open our gifts at the same time" I rummaged through my purse pulling out my box. 

"First let me say that, I really wanted to give you a four day trip to Florida for valentines day, but then I found out your cousins were coming in" Rob said, "so I had to go with plan B."

"I'm totally happy to be here" I said, "I really want to go home for a few days when we get a chance."

"Why don't I try to schedule that?" Rob said, "you just focus on not getting overwhelmed with work."

"You have access to my schedule right?" I asked. 

"Yep" Rob said, "now let's open these gifts."

"Next year we are sticking to chocolate" I said with a laugh. 

"Got it" Rob said 

I opened the card, then opening the box, I pulled out a sign with the words home is wherever you are on it. "I promise, that when my football career ends, if you want to live in Ohio or in Nashville or wherever, I will make up for the sacrifices you are making to be in Boston during football season." Rob said holding my hand.

"I love you" I said leaning in and kissing him. 

"Look under the sign goofball" Rob said with a laugh. 

"oh wow" I said with a laugh, "how could you have known this is exactly what I wanted?" I couldn't stop myself from laughing as I unrolled the poster size picture of a nude posing Rob from his ESPN cover in July. 

"I couldn't help but gift it to you. They sent it to me."

"Open yours" I said trying to stop laughing. 

He pulled out a coupon book, flipping through it he read them out loud, "I'll cook the meal of your choosing, get to leave an event early, lay in bed an hour longer, I'll come home from work by 4pm, sex right then, date night on me, massage, blow job, no phone night, free pass to say no to an event,"

"I thought I'd give you some coupons, or trump cards. For when you need to put your foot down."

"yes, this is great. And I can use them any time I want?" 

"Any time" I said laying my head on his shoulder closing my eyes, "there's a sexy picture for you to add to your photo album in there too."

"Thank you babe" Rob said kissing my temple, "now let's start that movie."

He sighed, getting the remote turning the tv on. 

I rested my head on him, enjoying being wrapped in his arms. 

I felt his arms go up and down my body before settling themselves. 

Rob's pov. 

Well, we sit here watching this movie and Caroline is already dozing off. Don't get me wrong, I get it she worked today, and she's tired. But after this morning, it sounded pretty promising that we were going to have sex tonight. I mean maybe I didn't make an effort to heat things up, but I was trying not to push her and hoping that in return she would take the lead. 

When are we going to have that hot sex we've had in the past? We're on day two since I got here, and the last time we had sex was on vacation. I left a kiss on her shoulder, and I felt her move a little, maybe she is still awake? "I love you" she mumbled, readjusting herself and moving against me in the process. That feels so good, I closed my eyes, can't she make this easy?

If she had stayed awake, I'd have more of a chance, I could have tried, but she was out the minute I turned the movie on. She didn't even try to stay awake. I want to be mad, but I know I shouldn't be.