Home

I brought Rob home this morning, and I can tell this is just going to be hard on us both, he had surgery a week ago.

"I want to take a shower" Rob said from his chair.

"Okay, I'll put the shower chair in" I said, "and then I can get in in my bikini and help you."

"You are not wearing a bikini in the shower" Rob said giving me an are you serious attitude, mixed with grumpiness from the pain.

"Well we aren't having sex, so I'm not getting in naked" I said looking at him with serious eyes.

"I'm not your patient, at least make this shitty situation fun" Rob said grumpy.

"Rob, I swear to god, I am not going to argue with you right now." I said raising my voice "you've been in the hospital for a week, okay? I am doing the best I can, do not push me!" I walked into our room, taking a breath.

"Can you ice my back, please" Rob said taking off his shirt and shorts laying down on the bed.

"Yeah, of course" I said going into the kitchen for the ice packs.

I laid them on his back, sitting against the headboard I checked emails. "Thank you" Rob said letting out a deep breath.

"Of course" I said, focusing on work.

I then felt a hand on my thigh, and then minutes later it started moving. "Rob, I'm working, and remember, we aren't having sex."

"So, I can still get you off" Rob said.

"That's a part of sex" I said, "and once again, right now I'm working."

"So we can't touch each other?" Rob looked at me.

"Rob, we've barely been home, I am not having this conversation right now"

"You called it home" Rob said smiling

I smiled back at him running a hand through his hair, massaging his head.

"Tomorrow, I'm going to go get an x-ray to make sure all is good, and then we are flying to the lake"

"I though we were going to give you a week to recover here?"

"I think we should just get to the lake, I can recover just as easily there, and I think it's important for you to have a support system."

"Just close your eyes and get some sleep."

Rob woke up and smiled at me, "my little worker bee."

I let me eyes leave my computer and smile at him, "what do you need babe?" I ran a hand through his hair.

"Nothing" he said closing his eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too"

"Will you lay down with me, please?"

"Rob, I'll keep rubbing your head, just close your eyes." 

"I want to talk" Rob said looking at me. 

"About what baby?" 

"Our lives" Rob said, closing my laptop. 

"What about them?" I asked. 

"Is anyone else staying at the lake with us?" Rob asked

"I mean, it's just you an me during the week, I don't know if people will be down on the weekends, or what that will really look like." 

"But we will have some alone time?" 

"Yes, babe, we will" I said, "during the week." 

"good" he said, "good, we need that. I love your family, but you know how it is. You want to lay down the ground rules now, or save it for the plane tomorrow?"