Play Offs

Sitting at the play off game, against the Huston Texans. I about wanted to kill him myself when he walked off that field injured. "Come on, we're going down to see what's going on" Sam said leading me out of the stands.

Heading through the locker room, "Sam, he's fine but he's injured" I said standing outside of the medical area. "Let's just let the doctors have their time. I'm done, I don't need to watch anymore of the game and it's almost over, let's just wait to take him home."

"You okay?" Sam asked looking at me.

"Not really, but I'm fine" I said running a hand through my hair, pissed.

I gave them about ten minutes before walking into the doctor area where Rob has ice on his arm, "Babe, I'm good. It's the same arm as before."

"The game's almost over, when they finish just change and let's get out of here" I said walking over and kissing his forehead. "Well meet you at the bus."

I can tell Rob's a little shocked by my abruptness.

"I love you" I said and then walking out.

"What was that all about?" Sam asked as we headed towards the bus.

"I can't go off in there at him, he would never tell me off when I'm at work or in front of his family. Just please give us space when we get back to the house."

"You got it" Sam said giving me a hug.

The door to the bus opened, and I looked at Rob with a straight face. "Babe I'm okay" Rob said sitting down and throwing an arm around me.

"Let's just get home" I said sitting up straight.

We walked into the house and instead of sitting down with Rob, I just went straight to the kitchen. "Babe, why are you mad at me?" Rob asked looking at me across the counter.

"Rob, I just don't even know what to say. You want me to be okay with this, but I'm not" I said looking at him.

"What happens when you don't stand back up on that field?"

"Babe, I'm fine it's just a broken arm" Rob said.

"What about when it's not a broken arm Rob, what about when you're so banged up that you can't even play with our kids in the backyard?"

"Caroline, this is my life!"

"Rob, I care too much to watch you tear your body apart!"

"Well you're going to have to get over it Caroline. This is my life! I'm drawing the line just like you have in the past."

"I know this is your life, but what about when this happens again?"

"Babe, I'm fine. It's just a broken arm" Rob said walking around the island and going to wrap me in a hug.

"Rob, stop we need to talk this out" I said pushing him away.

"Caroline, what can I say? I broke my forearm? It's collateral damage, it's part of the game."

"Just give me some space, and don't think that I'm going to nurse you right now" I said.

"But that's like the only positive of being hurt" Rob said, thinking this is funny, "you are such a good nurse."

"And right now I'd be about the meanest nurse you've ever met" I said, "Rob, I would like to know that in ten years I'm still going to have a husband that can dress himself in the morning and play with our kids in the backyard."

"Caroline, you're overreacting" Rob said cringing at his own statement.

"I am not overreacting, just go lay down on the couch" I said frustrated.

I finished making dinner. "Dinner's ready" I yelled setting it on plates.

"So your season is officially over" I said looking at Rob, "I'm going to Nashville tomorrow."

"But, babe, I still have to be here for another two weeks" Rob said

I gave him a look that could kill. "I'm not staying here to nurse you" I said. "I'll see you in two weeks for the family trip."

Sam walked in and I sat down to eat.

"Caroline," Rob said opening the door, "can I come in?"

"Yeah" I said

"Are you really leaving tomorrow?" he asked sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Rob, I just don't know what to do right now. I can't stay here and take care of you. I mean what about that back pain you've been having sense November?"

"Caroline, can we please drop this?" Rob asked looking at me, "I just want to go to bed. I think we both need time to cool down."

"Rob, do you know how much I worry when you walk off the field with an injury" I said breaking down. "How my heart drops and I wonder what's wrong? How every time you get hit I watch to see if you get up after?"

"I know babe" Rob said wrapping his arms around me, he pulled the covers over us.

Authors note: Does Caroline have the right to be upset?