Screw Drivers

"Good morning" Rob said walking in.

"I love lying in this bed half awake" I said sitting up. "Come on, let's go outside and sit on the porch while we have our coffee this morning."

I smiled snuggling into Rob on the outdoor couch. "I'm really looking forward to having you be with me" I said, closing my eyes.

The door to the porch opened and all the kids walked out, "we come with screw drivers" Sam said handing Rob and I each a vodka with orange juice.

Everyone made themselves comfortable, I was really enjoying my time with Rob, but sat up at least while Liz is out here.

"So, I'm thinking we go get massages today?" Rob asked, "I need one and so do you."

"I'm relaxed" I said

"Yeah, but you still have knots in your shoulders" Rob said, looking at me. "And I can't get them out like I'd like to."

"Come here" Sam said and I sat on the floor in front of him.

"I'm next" Rob said smirking at Sam.

"Uh huh whatever" Sam said with a laugh digging into my shoulder.

"We should sit down and plan out the next few months" Rob said, "I think the spa would still be good for us."

"I'd rather take a walk on the beach and enjoy the day with our families; I'll give you a rub down later today" I said closing my eyes as Sam worked out a knot.

"You two should take some time for yourselves today" Dan said, "we all know how hard you both work. This is your vacation."

"I'm gonna go for a run" Liz said walking out.

"What's this book?" Morgan asked holding it up and reading the title, "what women don't realize about men's emotional connection to sex."

I took a drink, "well as you can assume from the title, it's a relationship book." Sam just shook his head. "I haven't gotten to read much yet but it is interesting."

"You didn't tell me you were reading that" Rob said with a laugh.

"Amazon prime delivered it" I said, "I thought it might be a beach read, but I haven't gotten to read yet. Today I'm going to lay myself out on a lounge chair and relax and probably put a cover on my book before I read it next to Liz."

"What are you going to tell Liz you're reading?" Morgan laughed

"The romance novel I brought that it probably wouldn't hurt for me to read either" I said with a laugh.

Rob stood up, "you ready to take that walk?"

"Yeah" I said standing up.

Rob and I walked down the beach, "I don't think you realize how much you reading that book means to me" Rob said, "you making an effort. That's big."

"Rob I want our relationship to succeed" I said, "I want to understand you."

"Thank you" Rob said stopping and looking at me.

I leaned in and kissed him. "I love you." I laid my head on his chest.

"I really appreciate you" I said as we walked back, "and everything you do. Your patience."

"I love you too babe" he said leaning in.