Finding Peace

After going to get an x-ray, packing our stuff, and heading to the airport, we have finally arrived at the lake. Thank god, to the open arms of Morgan.

I walked over giving her a hug, "you have no idea how much I needed you, thank you" I whispered in her ear.

Walking inside, moving around the kitchen, I turned around to Rob staring at me. "You need to get out, go with Morgan, go into the winery, take a break, I will be just fine here by myself for a few hours."

"Rob, I shouldn't leave you alone" I said

"Goon is here" Rob said, "go, you've put up with enough of me, you need to get out."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"I'm sure"

"And you promise you will stay on your pain med schedule?"

"Yes, I'm positive, Goon will make sure" Rob said, "go, you need it."

"Okay," I walked around the counter, standing on my tippy toes to kiss him, "thank you."

"So, you're drowning taking care of him, aren't you?" Morgan asked as we drove to the winery.

"Yes, he's grumpy and mean, which makes it hard because I don't feel appreciated, but then he goes through moods of, I know I'm being difficult, I'm sorry."

"You just look worn out" Morgan said

"It's literally like having a toddler" I said, "he throws temper-tantrums and the whole nine yards. Except he's an adult."

"And how long is this going to go on?" Morgan asked as we parked.

"I would hope that when the pain starts to get better, he won't be so grumpy" I said, "but we're in recovery through September."

"And what exactly does that mean" Morgan asked.

"He has physical therapy twice a day and he has to minimize his activity, he can't do anything that could compromise his spine"

"So are you two..." she raised her eyebrows with a laugh.

I laughed, "We won't till he's out of recovery"

Morgan looks like she almost spit out her wine, "four months!"

"The doctor said six weeks, but I'm not really willing to take any risks, it's his spine."

"You think that man, is going to be able to go four months! You think he's grumpy now, wait till you hit month three" Morgan said

"Rob isn't happy about it, that's for sure" I said

"When you say that, do you just mean, no P in the V, or no nothing?"

"No, nothing" I said looking at her, "one thing leads to the other, and with his back, we are talking his long term health, his career, it's not worth the risk."

"Caroline, he has a high sex drive" Morgan said, "don't you worry that this could take a toll on your relationship?"

"Like I said, we can't risk his recovery"

"Well then, I've seen him grumpy and frustrated when he's staying in Cincinnati and doesn't get any for a week, I can't imagine what four months is going to look like."

"Don't make me think about it any more than I already am, he brings it up daily" I said.

"Caroline, I think you're having caretaker burn out, and even Rob knows it" Morgan said

"Morgan, it isn't like I've never done this before, I've taken care of my mom and Tami after their surgeries"

"Right, but those were family members, not a romantic partner" Morgan said. "This is taking a toll on your relationship."