Things have changed

I woke up to groan next to me, and a hand grabbing my arm, "babe, can you get my meds please" Rob said.

"Sure" I said groggy, getting up and heading for the kitchen, it's four in the morning.

I came back with a glass of water and his medicine, he sat up taking it and then laying back down. "Thank you" he said.

I got back in bed, snuggling into him.  "This is the difference" Rob said.

"The difference in what?" I asked confused.

"Before you would go get my meds, and then lay as far away from me on the bed as possible"

"I was worried about hurting you."

"You treated me as solely your patient and not even slightly your lover" Rob said

"Lover" I repeated with a laugh.

"Someone has to be the romantic" he said a slight smile on his face as his hand found my butt cheek giving it a squeeze.

"Go back to sleep, it will make the pain easier" I said soothingly.

"I want to get in the water and float today, I think it would be good for me" Rob said.

"My whole family is going to roll in today, you think you can handle it?"

"Caroline, your family is great, the problem is that you start running around trying to make everyone happy."

I looked up at him, inching myself up a little so that I can kiss him. "I wouldn't want to do this crazy life with anyone else" I said leaning in and kissing him.

"Mm, I missed hot kisses" Rob said pulling me in closer

"Good, now, go back to sleep" I leaned in kissing him one more time before laying my head back on his shoulder.

.
~
.

I felt a kiss on my neck, stirring me from my sleep.  "Babe, I have coffee" Rob said.

"You are the best" I said not even opening my eyes, "just give me a few more minutes."

"Okay, come here" he maneuvered me in my sleep state, taking my feet into his hands and starting to massage the knots out of them.

"This would be a great morning for lazy sleepy morning sex" I mumbled half awake.

Rob let out a laugh, "yeah it would be babe."

"Did I say that out loud" I said

"Yes" he said laughing once more.

"Come on" I said motioning with my hands.

"Come where babe?" Rob said with a laugh, "you are hilarious when you're only half awake."

"Lay your head on my chest and talk to me"

He finally laid his heavy body half way on top of mine, placing his head on my bosom.  I ran a hand through his hair, drifting in and out of sleep.

"I missed this Caroline" Rob mumbled.

I woke to a quiet knock on the door, Rob's still out cold.  The door opened slowly and Sam peeped in.

He let out a small laugh, getting out his phone and taking a picture.

"Are you good?" Sam whispered walking over to me.

I nodded my head yes, "I'm going to make breakfast, you want any?"

"Yes, some for both of us please"