Just Try

I woke up to breakfast in bed, "Rob, that was so sweet, thank you."

He pecked me on the lips, "now, I want to talk. I don't want to avoid this."

"Rob, can we just not right now" I said taking a sip of coffee, "I should really get into work."

"Caroline, just tell them you will be late" Rob said, and I can tell there's no getting out of this.

"Thank you for making breakfast" I said

"Now, I want you to listen to me, I love you, I love everything about you, even the fact that you work too much, and I will love you wether we have kids or not."

"Rob, I was emotional last night, I know that I'll be the fun auntie and still get to do all those things, and I've made myself okay with that. It's just sometimes something kicks me in the gut, and I guess yesterday I kinda lost it."

"Stop with the bull shit, deep down you really do want kids."

"It might not be possible" I said, "and I'm okay with that."

"But it might be" Rob said "so here's my thought process. Let's start trying, we're having sex every day for a month anyways, let's just see what happens. Let's give it six months, and then we will move on to seeing what other options we have."

"Rob, not right now" I said, "we just can't, not with both our schedules."

"There's never going to be a great time" Rob said

"Maybe, but let's just, I can't right now" I said, "I can't deal with every month thinking there's a possibility that I could be pregnant and then taking a test and it coming back negative."

"I'm going to love you no matter what" he said holding my hand.

"I love you too" I said, "now, why don't we just keep practicing."

"Caroline, I know you had a rough night last night, we don't have to" Rob said as I sat down my plate and coffee on the night stand.

"I wouldn't if I didn't want to" I said leaning in and kissing him.

"Babe, let's just sit and wake up on the couch for a few minute" Rob said

"Five minutes" I said looking at him.

I sat on the couch resting my head on his shoulder, holding his hand. We sat in a relaxed silence.

Getting in the car to leave for work, I cried, deep down I really really really want a baby and I know Rob does to, and I can't give him one.

Getting home, I saw Rob sitting on the couch. "How was work?" he asked pausing the tv.

"It was good" I said taking off my shoes then getting comfortable, straddling his lap on the couch, "even better that I get to come home to my amazing fiancé." I leaned in kissing him, I'm stressed and would really like to relax, but this is what he needs.

"You're in a really good mood" He said his hands on my waist, "you think anymore about us trying?"

"Rob, just not right now" I said my face falling, "please don't add anything else to my plate."

I went to get up, but Rob held onto me, "okay, I'll stop pushing."

"Thank you" I said, "now, what would you like to do tonight?"

"I thought we would just chill here sense we went out last night" Rob said, "maybe we can get a second work out in?"

He kissed my neck, don't think about if you have a good reason to say yes, thinking about if you have a good reason to say no. I don't have one, I know this is what he needs right now, especially after how I lost it last night.

"Sounds like a good use of our time" I said grinding against him.

I laid in bed, my body being held my Rob's. "So this weekend, let's go home and see your family" Rob said, "I know you need it."

"You're right, I do need it, but I just saw mine. Why don't you take this weekend and go visit your mom, I'll catch up on work, and then next weekend we can go home and see my family."

"You think you can handle being here alone for the weekend?"

"Yes" I said with a laugh, "I'll be just fine."

"You promise you won't work to much?" Rob asked, "I mean have a little fun."

I laughed, "I will, you enjoying going down and spending a long weekend with your mom in Florida, it will be good for you."

"Are you trying to get rid of me for the weekend?" Rob asked tickling me.

"No Rob, I'm not" I said laughing,

"Admit it" Rob said tickling my sides. "You want to get rid of me for the weekend."

"Stop, please" I said out of breath.

Rob stopped, leaning in and kissing my forehead, "you just don't over work yourself. It's not healthy."

"Rob, I will be fine" I said, snuggling in.

Authors Note: what do you think of the second book so far?