Christmas a little late

I walked through the door and into Rob's house, it's the first and it's really cold in Boston. Way to cold for me, I'm also way to hungover for this. I dropped my bags and headed for his bed. Getting underneath the covers I curled up.

"Now this is what I've been excited to come home to" Rob said standing at the foot of the bed, my eyes fluttered open.

He took off his shoes and shirt and got into bed next to me.

"It's so cold outside" I said burying my face in his chest.

"I agree" Rob said leaning in and kissing me, "god, Caroline Sandy I can't wait to have you here more often."

"Me too" I said wrapping my arms around him, "now should we go celebrate Christmas?"

"I want to celebrate us first" Rob said kissing my neck. 

"Babe... babe" I said pulling away "can we please celebrate Christmas first? I'm just, I had a long night last night."

"uh huh? Someone had a little too much fun on New Years Eve" Rob said with a laugh. 

"A little too much" I agreed, moving away from him. 

I got out of bed, "now come on, let's go, I'll make hot chocolate."

"Ugh, blondie" Rob said and I can hear him following behind me. 

"You sit on the couch, I'll be in in a minute" I yelled out. 

I got the hot chocolate and Christmas cookies together and walked in snuggling into Rob's shoulder arm. 

"How is this any different than us laying in bed" Rob said with a laugh, "not that I'm complaining."

"Because, I want to sit here and I want you to fill me in on the last few days" I threw my legs over his lap. 

"And you're kinda hoping for a foot rub while we're sitting here too aren't you?" Rob asked with a smirk. 

"I don't know, might earn you a few brownie points" I said. 

"Why are you so tense?" Rob asked. 

"I don't know" I said closing my eyes, his strong hands. "So fill me in on everything. There's no detail too small."

"Caroline, I haven't done anything exciting. Why don't you fill me in on your new years" Rob said 

"Rob, you have no idea how much I appreciate your effort to make my cousins feel comfortable with me living here" I said, "I mean I think they really had a good time."

"I want them to be comfortable with you living here" Rob said, "they're your family. And Sam only had a small cow over us sharing a bedroom."

"And you were right for standing your ground with him" I said, "I know you put up with a lot."

"I wouldn't put up with it if I didn't love you" Rob said, "and I'm glad that you're okay with me standing my ground, I didn't really know how you feel about it. I mean there was a day when you would have slept in a different room with them visiting."

"I know there was a day when that would have been the case, but things have changed" I said,  "I'm an adult, and I know my family has to accept that."

"We've come a long way" Rob said with a laugh. 

"So, what did you think of my present?" Rob asked. 

"I thought it was sweet, I really appreciate the effort you made with them. I mean, that was huge." I said leaning in and kissing him, "now, you want to open my present?" I asked. 

"I don't need any present, I'm just happy I don't have to buy condoms anymore" Rob said looking at me with a smirk. 

"Yeah, about that" I said and I can tell he knows I'm changing my mind. "Rob, it's going to stress me out. I'm not okay with the chance of having a baby before we are married."

"Babe, I thought you more or less can't get pregnant anyways?" 

"There's still a chance" I said, "and that's not okay with me, so bottom line. We're having sex with a condom or no sex at all, until we are married, and then we can revisit."

"So if I don't want to wear a condom?" Rob asked running a hand through his hair thinking. 

"Then we aren't having sex" I said looking at him, "I'm putting my foot down on this one."

"Okay" Rob said, "fair enough."

I kinda made a confused face at his calm reaction. 

"Babe, sex is hard enough for you. If you need me to wear a condom, then I'm okay with that" Rob said looking at me. 

I leaned in and kissed Rob, "thank you for always being so flexible" I said "now, open my gift" I said handing him the box. 

"Remember we said low key gifts this year" Rob said. 

"Just open it" I said with a laugh. 

"You know I'm just happy you're here" Rob said unwrapping the box. 

"Whatever, open the box" I said with a laugh. 

"I'm working on it" Rob said, "just hang tight."

He opened the box, "You're really going to stay till the end of football season?" Rob asked smiling ear to ear. 

"Till the end of the very last game" I said 

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you" he said kissing me on the lips but then trailing for kisses down my neck. 

"Rob, slow down, there's more in there" I said laughing, "look through the rest of the box."

Rob pulled away, "I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning" Rob said opening another envelope, 

Combined family vacation when football season is over, might not be as relaxing as you hoped but also might lead to lots of fun. 

"Caroline, you outdid yourself" Rob said looking at me. "Seriously, thank you."

"I hope you're okay with it, I know you probably would have preferred a relaxing vacation just the two of us" I said, "but I've been looking for a way to get our families together."

"Babe, it will be great" Rob said, "I'm excited."

"Now, can we head to bed?" Rob asked looking at me. 

"I think I'm pretty tired" I agreed standing up. 

"I didn't really plan on doing a lot of sleeping" Rob said "I was thinking we'd start with a massage."

"I like the sound of that" I agreed heading towards his room. "I'll be in your bed waiting."

"It's our bed" Rob yelled back, but I'm already in bed covered by all the blankets. 

"This is our bed" I felt Rob climb on top of me and leave a kiss on my neck.