Boundaries

It's Tuesday. Rob's Mom just left, he already lifted weights, and we're cuddling on the couch.

"God, this is so nice" I said, "just getting to spend time together like this."

"Yes it is" Rob said, "now, do you want that back rub?"

"Rob, you're the one in season" I said "if anything I should be giving you a back rub."

"Except the fact that you need one" Rob said, "come on. Lay on the ground."

"Okay" I said, "I guess if you insist." I laid down on the ground

"Do you want to keep your clothes on?" Rob asked kneeling over me.

"Yes" I said closing my eyes.

When Rob finished I rolled over, "come on, lay down with me" I said patting the space next to me. I laid my head on his chest.

"I'm gonna marry you within a year Caroline Sandy" he said kissing my temple.

There's nowhere I feel safer than laying here with Rob right now.

After awhile I got up moving to the couch, Rob sat reviewing the playbook, and I worked on my computer. My feet in Rob's lap, he rubbed them with his strong hands.

"Dinner in or out tonight?" Rob asked his hand moving up to knead my calves.

"Let's just eat in, I just want to spend time with you" I said, not looking up from my computer.

"But we're not going to work all night, right?" Rob asked.

I shut my computer and say it on the coffee table. "Absolutely not" I said climbing onto his lap, straddling him. "But it's kinda nice to just be able to mutually sit on the couch and chill out, isn't it?"

"It definitely is" Rob said, smiling, pecking me on the lips. "A little glimpse into our future."

"Yep, so let's enjoy this" I said "let's just order some carry out, and we can have movie night in."

"Sounds like a date" Rob said pecking me on the lips.

"Rob, we have to fight for this relationship" I said, "I mean I know you've always made our relationship a priority, but I hate that my past dictates the issues in our relationship."

"Maybe we should see a therapist" Rob suggested.

"Rob, I just don't want to go to a therapist" I said "they make me uneasy."

"But it might be good to have a third party, someone else to make suggestions on how we should handle things" Rob said, "I mean, I don't know how to deal with your issues with sex. I try so hard, and I love you so much. But it's like I'm constantly getting penalized for something another guy did."

"Rob, I'm so sorry that my past affects our relationship no matter how much I want it not to" I said

"Baby, it's okay. It's not your fault, but we have to find a solution, ya known?" His hands rubbing my arms. "And right now, I want you to set boundaries related to sex with me."

"Rob, I just hate talking about it" I said. "I guess, I just have a hard time when you initiate sex and I'm not in the mood. And fast rough sex needs to be taken off the table."

"Okay, babe, so here's what we're going to do. We're only going to have sex when you initiate, I don't want you to feel any pressure ever to have sex." He tucked a piece of hair behind my hair, "and do not hesitate to initiate it, just assume that I am always in the mood. I am going to start asking permission before I do anything, I'll ask before I take your shirt off, and anything else."

"Rob, I mean sometimes you just know" I said "you don't have to ask every time, and you can initiate when you know I'm in the mood, sometimes I need a push."

"I want to earn your trust" Rob said, "and right now, in terms of sex that means putting your needs before my own."

"I love you" I said hugging him.

"I love you too" Rob said holding me tight. "I love you so much, and we will figure this out. Don't blame yourself."

"You're a good man" I said enjoying being held.

Author's Note: Quite a big set back for their relationship.