The Night Out

-Mark's POV-

"Jack?" I sighed, knocking softly on the bathroom door, "Unless you are either putting on a full three piece suit, or somehow fell into the toilet, you really shouldn't need this much time getting ready."

I heard some shuffling and him curse. "Sorry," he said through the bathroom door, "I'll be out in just another minute."

I looked at the time on my phone, and walked back to the bed to sit next to Chica, who wagged her tail happily as I patted her head.

I hear the bathroom door open a moment later to see...

Wow.

He walked out in dark blue slacks and a light blue polo shirt. His beard neatly trimmed, his brilliant blue eyes dazzling behind his black eyeglasses, and on top of his head, a dark blue beanie.

I walked over to him, and placed my arms around his waist.

"You look amazing," I said, giving him a kiss on the forehead.

His cheeks turned slightly pink as he smiled. "Sorry it took me so long," and then pointed at the beanie covering his head, "My hair was being an asshole."

I chuckled softly, and kissed his lips, his aftershave, so light and airy, surrounded my nose.

"Well worth the wait," I said with a sly smile. "But if we want to get to this reservation that you set up by 9:00pm, we need to get going."

He nodded, and taking hold of my hand, we headed out to the car, on our first official date as a couple.

***

-Jack's POV-

He laughed when he saw the name of the restaurant as we walked up to the front door.

"You actually found a place called Felix?" he said, darting his dark eyes to me.

Felix Trattoria is the full name," I said, smiling back. "I thought that you'd find it funny." He leaned over and kissed me on the cheek.

"Then you know me very well."

I leaned into his kiss, his lips soft and his beard tickled as he nuzzled me. The hostess smiled as we entered and after getting our reservation pulled up, sat us down quickly.

The food was wonderful, and so was my company. Mark's smile lit up the room, and he was looking so handsome in his brown dress shirt, black tie and black pants.  I just could not stop staring at him.

"Hey, you got quiet", he said, taking another bite of his pappardelle. "Everything ok?" he asked, placing his hand on top of mine.

"Yes, I'm fine," I said with a sigh, "It's just, I don't know. It's stupid." I lowered my head down and pushed my spaghetti around with my fork.

"I doubt that it is stupid at all," he said as he gave my hand a quick squeeze. "Tell me, please?"

Me: I just can't believe that, this is real.

Mark: What do you mean?

Me: If someone had told me a few years ago that I would not only be friends with Markiplier, but I would be dating him, I would have told them that they were mad, yet here I am. It just, it feels like I'm in a dream.

Mark: A good dream, hopefully?

Me: Of course, ya doof. I just...

I looked at his face. The way his smile settles so easily onto his lips. His smooth tanned skin, and slight curl of his beard. His warm hands, and the way he looks at you, like you are the most important person in the world. That you matter more than anything else.

"Were you two wanting anything else tonight?"

The server's question jolted me back to the present. I shook my head slightly, completely lost in the moment. I felt better that Mark looked a bit dazed himself as he glanced at that server before asking for the check.

"So," he said, looking back at me again, "What's next? You said something about having some plans after dinner."

"Yes I do," I said, giving him a small smile, "We are going out to a club!"

He looked at me, his eyes wide, and mouth dropping in a comical way.

"Before you say anything," I said, laughing, "I know that dance clubs are not your thing, and really, they are not my thing either, but I think that both of us should try to get out of our comfort zone."

He closed his mouth, and narrowed his eyes. "Well, I have to admit that it is something I haven't done for a very long time."

I looked at him hopefully. I did have a plan for later tonight, but the club was a very important part of that plan.

"I can't say no to you," he said, chuckling, "Especially when you look at me like that."

"Great! We are going to have so much fun. I already know the place to go."

***

-Jack's POV-

"I didn't know you owned leather pants," I said, checking out Mark's outfit. "Not that I am complaining at all."

"Only break them out during special occasions," he said, flexing a sexy pose,  "Like going out to the club, weddings, baby showers.."

His hair was neatly combed and slicked back. My hair, finally behaving itself was parted off the side. I had changed into black jeans and a bright green shirt, to match my hair. He was wearing an obnoxiously shiny red shirt along with the leather pants, and black shoes.

We called for a taxi and got to the club around midnight. It was smoky and full of the typical loud techno music, and people, both older and younger,  dancing all around us.

"Would you like me to get you something to drink?" I asked him loudly over the music.

He looked at me, slightly annoyed. "Not alcohol, of course. Like a soda or something."

"I'm fine with just water," he said, rubbing my back.

I came back with a bottle of water, and for myself, a shot of whiskey. He eyed me warily when I took the shot.

"I rarely see you drink," he said, his eyebrows raised.

"I just want to celebrate our first date. Besides, I'm Irish. It'll take more than one shot to get me loopy."

We spent some time on the dance floor, both acting silly. Mark's dance moves were all over the place, and some of the club goers were fans. We heard happy chants of 'Septiplier' and happily posed for pictures. I had bought a few more shots, and also accepted some more from the crowd. Mark pulled me off to the side.

"Hey, really, you're drinking a lot," he said, rubbing his hand through his hair, "Are you sure that you are ok?"

"I'm fine," I said, slightly slurred, "Believe me, I am feeling great!" I gave him a sloppy hug, and the crowd "awed" us.

"Then please, at least drink some water with the drinks. It will help with -"

"You worry too much," I interrupted, pushing the water away, "But that's why I love you so much, Bright Eyes."

"Jack, keep your voice down. There are fans here, remember?"

I gave him a wobbly thumbs up as I headed back over to the bar. Yes, I was a bit drunker than I had first wanted to be, but I was fine. This was fine. Later tonight Mark would be happy.

I would make sure of it.