A decision to give back

I know it's wrong to take a position like this. Being a college drop out and becoming a college principal to irritate her, if anyone hears this they will mock at me.

It is not about others mocking me at the seminar that hurts. It is about unable to taunt her back that hurts me the most.

She deserves to be taunted by me. Doesn't she know who I am? She must have known it, after all she was studying in the same class as me in the college.

Unaware to him, Pragya didn't notice him during her college days as mostly he doesn't attend the classes. The only days he attends is on cultural days which Pragya never really attends as her interest lied more on academics.

"Abhi the alien will show his ways to alienate you from my college!"
He says loudly in his room.

Hearing his loud voice, his mother asked "Are you ok Abhi?"

Abhi "Yes! I am fine. Nothing is wrong here!"

He dressed up perfectly for a Principal. He himself looked impressed of his attire.

This was the first time he looked like a gentleman. Most of the time he was in his swag look.

He did understood that it is not right to dress up in his casual t-shirts and torn jeans. He did have thoughts of doing that and setting a trend for principals to be cool.

What changed his mind was, what if someone thought he was a student and not the principal?

This made him changed his mind.

Dressed up in formals he stepped down from the stairs looking like a prince.

His family was in awe of his transformation.

His mother in surprise asked "Did the sun rise in the west?"

Abhi "Don't over react. I have taken up the Principal position at our college."

He said adjusting his watch.

His mother's face shrunk in size.

Abhi "Aren't you happy?"

His mother "I would have been happy if you are working with your dad. This job is for more qualified people. Not like a college dropout like you."

Abhi fumed in anger. He knew there is no point if he argued her.

"Bye!" He said and left.

His mother, Devi never had high hopes on Abhi. She knew he was a naughty brat from young.

He was spoiled by his dad with all the luxuries. He neither values human emotions nor hard work that leads to a successful life.

She hoped one day he will realize both. With a deep sigh, she looked back at his Dadi who was as worried as she was.

Dadi "Don't worry, one day he will change."

"Hope the day comes soon. He don't have good friends to change him too." She replied.

Dadi "He had one, but we are the ones responsible for him to leave his friend. I have to say his friend, Purab was gem of a person. He always respect elders. Don't you remember how he took our blessings whenever he visits us?"

"I know. I admit it's our fault in accusing him falsely. I still regret for my mistake." She says looking down.

Dadi "Now what's the point? I tried to say many times that he will not be the one who did that."

By saying that seriously she resided to her room.

Devi "Where are you Purab? I hope to meet you someday and ask forgiveness for my fault. Now I realize, you are the only one who Abhi listens to."

She regrets for her bad decision of accusing Purab for a mistake he never did.

While she was regretting, Pragya was seen calling "Purab!!! Come here!!"

Purab "What now? Can't you see I am busy with my work?"

Pragya "Do you know what happened today?"

Purab "Something bad for you. I can see it in your eyes."

Pragya exclaims "100% correct!" She then explains what will happen in her college if Abhishek Prem Mehra becomes the Principal.

Purab silently hears and asks her not to worry.

"I didn't expect he will stoop so low to taunt Pragya. I feel now it is the time to make a decision to give back what I had faced earlier through his family." He thinks of his decision as he looks at his sister who innocently eats the sandwich prepared by him.

Thank you for all your support again! Please drop your feedback of how is the story going.