Deciding to be yours

His parents were upset with his decision. They thought he will listen to them. His mother was extremely upset at his decision.

Dadi "Why are you sitting by looking sad?"

"I thought he will listen to me. In this rate, I am feeling he is moving away from us. It's all because of that Pragya." She replied.

Dadi "Why do you have to blame her on this? The decision that both of you made is unacceptable. How can he leave her as soon as he get married? He have to be with her and make her adapt to our family norms. Already you know that she was unwell due to Abhi's confusing behaviour. Then now if she was left alone, anything can happen to her."

"She will not be alone! We will be with her!" She said sternly.

Dadi "No dear.....she needs Abhi by her side after marriage. She needs time to settle down here. It's just like the way you have settled down here after your marriage."

She never said anything in response and looked at Abhi coming down the stairs.

Dadi "Why are you looking very happy?" She asked Abhi.

Abhi "Nothing much Dadi!"

Dadi "Going out with Pragya na?"

Abhi looked away and smiled widely.

"Abhi! You can't meet her whenever you like before marriage." His mother said.

Dadi "I know he is going for shopping with her. That too with her family."

Abhi "Haan Ma. Please allow me to go. Purab is busy with his works, his boss is not very co-operative in allowing him to take a day off today."

His mother "Teek Hai....but not very long Abhi. You have to be at home by evening."

Dadi "Yes he will return early if you allow him to go now. Abhi! Don't waste your time! Go now!"

Abhi smiles and leaves after hugging his mother.

Dadi walks to her room while Abhi's mother looked at the direction that Abhi left.

At a shop,
Abhi "How long will you take to choose?"

Pragya "5 more mins. Please....."

Abhi "This is the 50th time you have told this!!!"

Pragya smiles inwardly and continues to choose something she likes.

Abhi frowns and looks at Sarla ma who was at the other corner talking to the salesperson.

Abhi "I don't understand one thing. You are selecting something here and Aunty is also selecting something there!"

Pragya "The more the merrier na...."

Abhi "Okay but aren't you suppose to stay with your Ma?"

Pragya "Very soon I have to choose things independently so I am here and she is there."

Abhi "Oh....."

Pragya "And thanks for coming with us."

Abhi "I won't say it's my pleasure!"

Pragya "Are you annoyed of waiting?"

Abhi "Annoyed? That's a very small word. I am very very angry Bunny!"

Pragya "I don't like the name Bunny!"