Nothing in my destiny to decide

Pragya again walked by his side. This time to tour him around the college.

Abhi "You can talk while walking."

"What is there to talk to you?" I thought giving him an awkward look.

I stopped walking. He looked back with a perplexed look.

"This is the washroom." I said

Abhi "So?" He said giving me a so called confused look.

"You asked me to talk." I replied.

Abhi "How mean are you? Don't I know this is a washroom?"

"I thought you don't know." I said looking away.

He walked ahead of me.

"ABHALIEN's walk is also looking strange" I thought as I walked to catch up with him.

Abhi "Madam Pragya, May I know what is this?" He asked pointing at a particular direction.

I looked at it. It was the basketball ground. Doesn't he knows that? I wondered staring it.

Abhi "Before you tell it is Basketball ground, let me tell you look at the bench over the."

I looked again closely. It was very irresponsible of the students to do this way.

Abhi "Is this how the college runs? Used cans and crushed papers on the bench."

I looked around seeing who could have done all this.

Abhi "No point in looking around Madam Pragya. The students who done it would have left."

I could see him still looking at the place.

I quickly said "Let me go and clean it."

Abhi " Take a picture of it before you clean it."

"Why sir?" I asked in confusion.

Abhi "Just do as I say. "

"Ok sir...." I replied not knowing what was his plan now.

He saw me taking the picture.

I turned back to see him looking at me in a strange way.

After cleaning and coming near him, I asked "Do I need to send you this picture?"

Abhi "Obviously, send it to my email."

I nod my head as yes and followed his instructions thereafter.

Abhi "I realized you don't know how to talk as well."

"Is that so?" I asked.

Abhi "Yes when I say something, your reply is not good."

"I don't feel good talking to you either." I murmured accidentally!

Abhi "What did you say?"

"Sir...it's 4 pm now..." I said looking worried of the time.

Abhi "Alright. Go and have your tea break."

Finally, I had my freedom in the form of a coffee.

I was enjoying my coffee with eyes closed.

I heard his throat clearing sound.

Abhi "I need one too."

"Not again. Won't this man leave me alone for a while?" I wondered by opening my eyes.

I made coffee for him. Doesn't it feel horrible? A professor making coffee for a man like him.

"ABHALIEN, Here you go with your coffee" I said to myself while passing him the coffee.

He smiled at me. Drinking it, he raises his eyebrow as if impressed by the taste of coffee.

Abhi "It tastes good. Not like you though Madam Pragya....."

"Thank you! I am glad that it's not bad like you." I replied making him glare at me.

"It's even for what you said" I told.

"You do talk well but not professionally" He said in response.

I don't want to tell anything further. Who is he to tell whether I talk good or bad, Who is he to tell I dress well or not. He is Nobody to me! One more time he tells this way then I will show my real face!

Seeing my face turn red in anger, he said "Enjoy your coffee. I feel heat radiating from you, I don't want my coffee to get more hotter!"

I looked away in anger. He and his irritating words to irritate me!!!

I was then walking along the corridor when some students were loudly laughing and commenting about him in the classroom. 

"Hey you know if I had known earlier that I can be a Principal being a college dropout, I wouldn't have passed my exams last year!" One student said.

"And you know what? I had a thought just now that my mum who is a school dropout of becoming the Principal for the school she studied." Another student said making others laughed.

I couldn't stand them. I entered the classroom.

They were in silence once seeing me.

"What's all this?" I asked.

"No mam....we were just talking" One of them said.

"It's nothing wrong to talk. Talking is your freedom but you have to be mindful of what you talk about others"I said.

"Mam, we never talk anything bad. We were telling a fact about the new Principal" Another student said.

"I agree the fact that he is a college dropout. That doesn't mean he can't be a Principal. I don't have to take names of famous people who had not even completed their school turn out to be the most successful in their lives. And you, how can you say about your mum this way? Let me ask you, where did your mum studied?"

"Some small village...." He said

"In that way, she couldn't be a school dropout! She would have been stopped going to school after a certain age. It still happens in some remote villages. Even though she is a school dropout, she made you study school and now you are in a college! Will all this be possible without her?" I fumed.

"I'm sorry mam....I was just joking" he said looking sad.

"Don't be sorry to me. Better don't make fun of your mum anymore. All I can say is education here is to educate all of you to be responsible and knowledgeable. If you complete the studies here, you only get to know what are the responsibilities and knowledge of a particular field. If you never complete it, you have the whole world around you to know what are the responsibilities and knowledge needed to improve your life!" I said looking at them.

From their expression, I knew they were feeling sorry for what they had spoke just now.

I took a deep breath and left from there.

I didn't know Abhi was there outside listening to all of this.

Abhi smiled for the way she spoke.

"There is nothing in my destiny to decide. If there was, I wouldn't have become a college dropout for others to look down at me"

He thought by walking the direction opposite to Pragya.

Sneak peek to next part:
Abhi tells something to students that makes them shocked and surprised.
Pragya looks amazed hearing to him, she decides to tell more about Abhi to Purab.

Thank you for all the support through votes and comments! Do tell me how to improve!