Deciding to respect him

Today he was going to inspect my class!

How am I going to handle his ABHALIENIC questions?

When I told about my fear and stress to Purab, he laughs at me.

He asked me not to worry as if Abhi is a monster.

Purab had never see him yet. That is the reason he says this way. If he had seen him before, he would know.

I cleaned the board and wrote some lines of what I will be teaching about.

Back of the mind, thinking about ABHALIEN sitting in the front row looking at me, it makes me feel like disappearing in the air.

I don't like the way he smirks at me. He thinks as if he is looking smart in his smirk.

Time passed, and slowly students had settled inside the class.

Then he came at 10 am sharp. Students greeted him. I also greeted him.

Abhi "I am not used to front row seats."

I knew it! He is a backbencher!

Abhi "I want to sit in the middle row. I prefer over there." He said by pointing at a particular direction.

"Yash, can you adjust for today by sitting in the front row?" I said and he nodded his head by taking his bag and coming down to sit in front.

I was surprised that he prefers to sit in the middle row.

Strange he is. Obviously strange as he is ABHALIEN!

He signalled to me through his eyes as he is ready to listen to my lecture.

My lecture today was on cleanliness. My students were looking a bit confused as I should be teaching some topic on philosophy.

"I can see all your confusion. Cleanliness is a universal topic to be addressed. It also have a lot of philosophy hidden in it" I said.

I took a glance at my students and him. He seems to look interested on what I have to say.

"Firstly, our minds have to know the meaning of cleanliness. Being clean, makes us see things around us in a clear way. Ok now, all of you give me one example of how to approach cleanliness" I said.

One by one my students told the ways to approach cleanliness. I have to admit my students did a good job in articulating themselves in this topic.

I saw him as he raised his hand like a student as well.

"Sir? You?" I asked.

"Why not?" He asked back.

Abhi "I will come in front to talk. That will be the respect to my position" He said gesturing me to move aside.

Now what he is going to do? I wondered.

Abhi "I know why your professor started on this topic. Before telling why, I would like to tell what is it." He said before looking at me.

Why was he looking at me? Weirdo!

Abhi "Well, students! Cleanliness is not a physical attribute like all of you shared about. When your professor started, she said our minds have to know the meaning of cleanliness. What does that mean? It means we need to have clean thoughts to see cleanliness around us. If we ourselves have dirty thoughts then how will the surrounding be? You can't expect for a clean environment for sure. I can give an example, when your Mam and I was going on rounds yesterday we saw a bench filled with used cans and crushed papers. Seeing that, I could only feel the minds are not clean enough to clean up the area. If mind is clean, your thoughts will be clear. Clear thoughts will help you keep you and your surroundings clean. Am I right to say this Madam Pragya?"

I was amazed to hear him speak this way. So sensible, so clear and concise he was!

I could only nod my head in response to what he said.

Like me, my students were also shocked and surprised of how their new Principal spoke. They clapped at the end of his speech.

Abhi "Thank you! And sorry for taking your time Madam Pragya."

I smiled as if looking it's ok.

He went back to sit in his position. On his way, he got a call and excused himself from the class. He asked me to continue and don't have to wait for him.

After he left, I saw the students talking among themselves about him. He had created a good impression of him today. The way he spoke, the clarity he had in his speech never showed he was a college dropout due to lack of interest in studies. There was something else that made him a college dropout for sure. I wondered what was the reason.

Even if he was not interested in what he was studying, he still could have continued it. From the way he spoke, I felt he is a man who never backs out from his decisions. He had the confidence in him. I could see that in his eyes and the way he spoke today.

I continued my class after sometime,  asking my students to have a short break.

At the end of the day, I was curious of why he was a college dropout.

I decided to share about him to Purab. He is very good in giving opinions objectively. I was eager to get Purab's views on today's incident.

I also feel like deciding to respect him. I agree ABHALIEN is strange but respecting him doesn't seem to be strange. After all, aliens are also living things.

I smiled strangely for the first time thinking of him.

Thank you again for all the reads,  votes and comments. Do tell me if it is getting boring!