Chapter 5 - Tell me

I jumped awake when I heard the door banging open. Taylor was standing at the doorway, hands on her hips, looking pissed off.

“What the hell are you doing here? I spent the last fifteen minutes looking for you everywhere! I thought you were gone! I almost had a panic attack! Don’t you dare scare me like that ever again! Couldn’t you pick the room in front of mine? No, obviously you had to use the one at the opposite of the house. And may I know why you weren’t sleeping in my bed? I went crazy out there!”, by the time she was done with her speech, she was panting and pacing in front of my bed.

I got out of bed and made my way towards her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and hid my face in the crook of her neck. Not only did she pull me out of sleep, but I hated being rushed in the morning. And she did too, so why would she make me suffer like that?

“Good morning Tay”, I said groggily and kissed her shoulder. She hugged me back tightly. It felt nice. I could get used to this.

“Yeah good morning”, she replied grumpily. “You’ve got a lot to make up for, you know that right?”.

I nodded in her neck and closed my eyes. I was still really tired since Miss Lawson had decided to interrupt my beauty sleep with the grace of a bull in a china shop. I pulled away and got back to bed, ready to fall back in the arms of Morpheus.

I felt the covers moving and the bed bending behind me. She was staring at me. I knew it. And she was fully aware of how uncomfortable it made me. I could feel her gaze on my back. I sighed and turned around to lie on my left side. She was indeed looking at me and smiling as a little bonus. This right there meant that my chance of finishing my night of sleep was highly compromised.

“Taylor I’ll make it up to you, I promise, but please let me sleep some more. I’m so fucking tired right now”, I whined and crossed my fingers hoping that she would stay still for a few hours.

“Don’t worry about it, just go back to sleep”, she said softly as she gently cupped my cheek.

“What time is it anyway?”, I got closer to her until I could feel her breath on my face. It was a more reasonable distance than the previous one. From my point of view obviously.

“4am”

“What the actual fuck are you doing up at 4am?”, I asked in disbelief.

“I needed to pee and I didn’t see you next to me so I went to look for you”, she explained as if it was the most obvious situation ever.

“I’m really flattered that you'd rather start a search patrol for me instead of sleeping but right now I really need to rest”, I said groggily. I put my head under her chin and placed my right hand on her hip.

“I could get used to this”, she whispered before kissing my forehead. Just like that, I fell asleep in the arms of Taylor Lawson.

When I reopened my eyes, I noticed that we weren’t in the same position as before. Taylor was sleeping on her back with one arm around me and the other on her side. I was literally straddling her, my head still in the crook of her neck. She was really comfortable. She had officially earned the title of my new private pillow.

I started to drop light kisses on her neck to try and wake her up. When I reached her jaw she groaned just like last time. I couldn’t contain my laughter in this moment. I had just found my favorite activity ever: waking Taylor up. Hearing her groan in her sleep was fucking hilarious.

I kissed her jaw repeatedly until I felt her hand sneaking under my tank top and stroking my back. I smiled and hid my face in the crook of her neck, the simplicity and serenity of the moment making me feel on cloud nine. Her hand made its way higher and stopped right when it reached the scar under my shoulder blade.