Trust

Ashton: “I trusted you!” you yell, your vision blurry from the tears pooling in your eyes. “I fucking trusted you, Ashton!” “Please,” Ashton whispers, not able to make his voice louder than that. “Please don’t call me that. Call me Ash, you always call me Ash.” “That was before I found out you’re a cheating prick,” you sneer, wiping the tears from your face. “Did this even mean anything to you?” “Of course it did,” he replies exasperatedly. “(Y/N), you mean the world to me. That night was a mistake, and I fucking hate myself for it, but please, let’s just talk about it.” “I’m done talking,” you say quietly, fiddling with your keys. “I’m done with you. I’m done with us.” You slowly walk forward, taking his hand and opening it up and dropping the key to his flat in it. “You can have this back. Give it to that girl or something. I won’t be needing it anymore.”

Calum: “What do you want for dinner?” you ask your boyfriend over the phone as you get into a taxi. “I’m already making dinner for us,” Calum replies cheerily, trying to hide the slight panic in his voice when he sees that the chicken was burning in the oven and smoke was starting to drift out. “Cal, stop,” you say with wide eyes. “What, why?” he questions, rushing around to open the windows. “Because you’re going to burn the entire building down!” you argue, getting out of the cab and rushing into the apartment building. You take the elevator up, already seeing Calum talking to the landlord. He sees you walking towards him and gives you a sheepish grin, the landlord rolling his eyes and walking away while shaking his head. “And this is why I don’t trust you to cook dinner,” you remark, kissing his cheek and untying the apron from around his neck.

Luke: ”There’s my two favorite girls!” Luke exclaims as you and Ella walk into the house giggling. You glare at him as your daughter freezes on the spot. Luke opens up his arms, gesturing for her to hug him but watching with confusion as she bursts into tears and runs up to her room. “Lucas Robert Hemmings, you’ve got some explaining to do,” you hiss, brushing past him to enter the kitchen. “What’s wrong?” he asks, not sure what he did wrong. “Does ‘I promise I’ll be at your recital Friday night, Ella, trust me’ ring a bell?” you say, watching as he realizes exactly what he did wrong. “Fuck, that was tonight?” he whispers, rummaging through his pockets and unlocking his phone to see the 9 missed calls from you. He opens his mouth to apologize, but you stop him. “Before you say anything, go talk to Ella first.”

Michael: ”Trust fall!” Michael screams out as he steps in front of Ashton and begins to fall backwards. “What the-” Ashton sputters, cutting himself off as he attempts to catch Michael, resulting in both of them crashing to the floor. “What the fuck, man?” Ashton whines, pushing Michael off of him as he gets up. “That obviously means that I can’t trust you,” Michael points out, giggling as he eagerly runs towards you. “Trust fall!” he yells out again, stepping front of Luke and falling backwards. Luke manages to catch him, stumbling a bit as he gives his bandmate a bewildered look. “Trust fall!” Michael yells once more, jumping in front of you and tipping backwards. “Fuck off,” you roll your eyes, stepping aside so that he fell backwards on to the couch. “I can’t even trust my own girlfriend!”